XT brakes wont stop vibrating

Smolly

Hi All,

Please help -

I purchased XT brakes, new pads and a new rotors(XT centre lock), but my rear brakes vibrate all the time, and lock up before they slow me down - which turned out to be pretty treacherous in Groot Marico this weekend. My local bike shop seems lost for ideas.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dubber,

i will have to find out, as far as i know they are resin, but more details I will have to ask the shop

I've had that problem previously - bikeshop also eventiually gave up - new pads did not help, rotors was straight etc...

They eventually guessed that it's the odd exception where that frame and brake vibration amplified one another... not so sure about that. I just sold the brakes - they worked 100% on other bikes. and my next set worked 100% on mine.

I've had that problem previously - bikeshop also eventiually gave up - new pads did not help, rotors was straight etc...

They eventually guessed that it's the odd exception where that frame and brake vibration amplified one another... not so sure about that. I just sold the brakes - they worked 100% on other bikes. and my next set worked 100% on mine.

Yup, had exactly the same amplification problem. Changed to a heavier rotor and that solved it.

Hi All,

Please help -

I purchased XT brakes, new pads and a new rotors(XT centre lock), but my rear brakes vibrate all the time, and lock up before they slow me down - which turned out to be pretty treacherous in Groot Marico this weekend. My local bike shop seems lost for ideas.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

Which XT brakes, the new or old models?

Hi All,

King Cripsy - not at that stage yet, but will let you know.

Caerus - its the old model

Banna - what centre lock rotor would you recommend?

a mate of mine had the exact same problem, when he went from 160mm rotors to 180mm.

the solution was to sand down the brake pad slightly.

Edited by Gravity