New to the DH ranks!

jusbob

Hey guys!

Keen to start DH,tired of thrashing my poor DJ bike down knarly trails!

Have about 15K to get up and running with a bike...

Any suggestions on possible new bikes at that price? OBike has the Pinn'r for exactly 15K, but that site seems a lil outdated, so i doubt they still have it! Any ideas on what bike shops are

charging on equivalent spec bikes?

Any feedback would be awesome! :clap:

For 15 k i would go for a 2nd hand morewood izimu. Look on gumtree . There are a few for that price on there. Great handling bike, light if built right and strong so no worries about buying a dodgy frame. enjoy

yeah check out gumtree - or the classifieds here - you can pick up a pretty decent second hand rig for about 15k

I might have a Large 2010 Mongoose Boot R for sale for 15k.

Just need to see what I am doing for next year.

Maybe msg me your e-mail address and if it becomes availaible I will mail you specs and pictures if you are interested?

I should know within the next 2 weeks.

Guest Omega Man

The good news is you can get a very decent 2nd hand bike for 15k

Mongoose bootr's seem to be a good bet cos they retail for a cheap price so their 2nd hand value is low too.

Thanks for the advice! Have had bad second hand experiences,so am trying to avoid that route... Any advice on new bikes? Not really going to race, more into freeride,so 180mm should suffice and hence the Pinn'r??

dude, 180mm is cool for anything. Suffice it shall for anything and everything you can throw at it.

I'd say you hit up obike dot coza to see what stock they've got. Yes, they're older models that they're selling, but they're all brand new. And at a stonking price...

WOW... Any idea how much that costs??

No, none. Call Omnico tommorrow, thy will show you to the best store.

This bike should be able to pedal well, I saw it had the iDrive system. (which most of GT does.) ...and short wheelbase, good for air.

021 691 0110

Let us know.

Edited by Pain or Shine

Guest Omega Man

I rode one of those in Morzine. I really enjoyed it. The only downside is the fork. It's a Domain which is a bit on the heavy side and isn't adjustable. but the bike felt tighter than my wallet and was a blast to ride. I'd rate it above the corresponding Scott Voltage.

Oh it also got a whole lot of admiring looks cos the design is BRAND NEW.

Edited by Omega Man