32GI

ridr

Hi Mampara, I rip the packet open totally let them sit in my back pocket and pick them out. Melting point is above 80 degrees son dont worry they wont wreck your jersey ;-). We are going to increase the packaging size a little as well, by a few mm on either end to loosen it up a little.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only started riding this year, so I'm not too clued uo on the whole calories, energy level stuff.

I have a question unrelated to 32GI. I eat normally just as as used to before I started cycling... anything and everything.

•  
  • Night before I race I have a pasta.
  • Before a ride/race I dont dont eat breakfast because I often get nauseous when I ride, so I just eat a banana and half a energy bar.
  • While reacing i take a camelbak with water and a bottle of Fast Fuel, also take energy bars n stuff. I only start drinking the Fast Fuel after bout 1h30 into a ride, cos I can feel my energy levels dropping.

I just carry on as normal after a race/ride. I usually feel fine.

What would a product like 32GI/Cytomax/Sportron BLITZ before a ride benefit me? Any suggestions?

Catatonic, there is a lot you need to change on the nutrition side, seriously, push the energy drinks aside for now. You need to understand that a pre-race meal is so important you have to take it in. Try that on training rides with water only and an electrolyte tablet and start to develop in that way. Bring in the drinks later. Based on what you have written you are totally playing with your energy levels, banana and a 1/2 energy bar raises the blood sugar levels before the ride, and you are only taking in an energy drink much later in the ride. You really need to try and understand that just by changing your pre-race or ride nutrition and during race and ride nutrition, you will be doing yourself a big service.

all the best

M

I had a good 97.4 and raced hard. I particularly noticed that on Monday I was neither stiff nor sore in the slightest. Why? no idea but I had a low GI breakfast with a bottle of 32GI before the race and my race liquid consisted of a bottle of water and a bottle of 32GI. With about 15k's to go, I chomped half a packet of 32GI chews.

Does it work ? It did for me! I've never felt so comfortable at the end of a race and neither the next day.

Will I use this method again? Yes!

Thug it's interesting what you say about post race stiffness. A lot of our athletes have been saying the same thing that they feel like they have not run a marathon or no stiffness or fatigue the following day. I am not sure why we have not run testing on this aspect of the product yet, but preliminary results have showed quick recovery. I have my thoughts on the post race glucose release continuing fr a while after, however without protein it still boggles the mind a little maybe will look into it a little closer, it's very interesting. So

Many factors to consider lactate build up, glycogen replenishment and of course muscle repair and rehydration need to investigate it further but so far had a lot of comments about this. Thanks for the feedback.

It worked a bit for me as well, well till I ran out :blush: Only brought 3 bottles with me from CT. One Saturday, one prior to race and one from the start The first part of the 94.7 i was cruising then had no more 32gi :angry: and finished on water, the powerade at the water tables was to sweet. But no stiffness on Monday.

next time will take more and will try the chews.

Stuff works for me ;)

Guest agteros

I had a good 97.4 and raced hard. I particularly noticed that on Monday I was neither stiff nor sore in the slightest. Why? no idea but I had a low GI breakfast with a bottle of 32GI before the race and my race liquid consisted of a bottle of water and a bottle of 32GI. With about 15k's to go, I chomped half a packet of 32GI chews.

Does it work ? It did for me! I've never felt so comfortable at the end of a race and neither the next day.

Will I use this method again? Yes!

Thug, I rode the 94.7 on two bottles of Game (2 scoops per bottle), and I used 4 sachets of SupaGoo. After the race I went to stand at Malibongwe for two hours to watch the backmarkers come by. Visited friends the afternoon, got home after 4pm, and tucked into some ham&cheese sarmies. After that I took an hour cat-nap (I've been awake since 3am), and got a bit of a back and leg massage. No stifness the day after, and I've been running PBs on my training routes on Tuesday and Thursday.

Was it the Game, the SupaGoos(2 less per race than normal, and I forced myself to take them), or being on my feet for two hours after the race, or the massage afterwards that caused the no stiffness and running PBs? .... or .... maybe it was the mostly running training(generally before breakfast!) I've been putting in? I've done a lot more training over the last 3 months than usual!.

Maybe YOUR training is paying dividends?

Catatonic, there is a lot you need to change on the nutrition side, seriously, push the energy drinks aside for now. You need to understand that a pre-race meal is so important you have to take it in. Try that on training rides with water only and an electrolyte tablet and start to develop in that way. Bring in the drinks later. Based on what you have written you are totally playing with your energy levels, banana and a 1/2 energy bar raises the blood sugar levels before the ride, and you are only taking in an energy drink much later in the ride. You really need to try and understand that just by changing your pre-race or ride nutrition and during race and ride nutrition, you will be doing yourself a big service.

all the best

M

Thanks MDW for the advice,

Couple questions:

• Whats a good pre race meal, one that wouldn;t make me nauseous?
  • Any suggestion on an electrolyte tablet? How long before and how many should I take for a a ride?
  • What else other than water should I take during a ride? (Energy Bars etc?)

Really appreciate your help :thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay, I finally moved over to the dark side – purchased my 32Gi. Have been eating low GI for some time etc. So hopefully this will be a natural progression.

(PS: no chews available in the CT area)

Okay, I finally moved over to the dark side – purchased my 32Gi. Have been eating low GI for some time etc. So hopefully this will be a natural progression.

(PS: no chews available in the CT area)

...mmm ... not sure where your CT area lies, but we have - BELLVILLE, CT :thumbup:

(the new ones!)

...mmm ... not sure where your CT area lies, but we have - BELLVILLE, CT :thumbup:

(the new ones!)

Thanks for the info, Ronelle. I am in the southern subs and the guy at DisCem said that they are not available in the CT area - i just took it at face value.

Stellar Weekend for 32Gi™

The BSG Tri Series:

Mens:

1st - Claude Eksteen

Womens:

1st Carlyn Fisher

2nd Carla van Huysteen

3rd Rosalyn Laurens

All the athletes are fuelled by 32Gi™ and are part of the Inov-8 Team

The Tough One (32km)

Team Bonitas took 3 of the 6 podium spots

Mens: