Would you buy this bike for R10000?

Nalyd18

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy this bike for R10 000?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Nalyd .... if you asking an opinion on buying the KTM or keeping your current bike you should be a bit more clear.

Ideally this should be in the classifieds - but I see where you are going with this ... :thumbup:

Okay understood then I would like an opinion on whether I should sell my bike inorder to buy a 2010 KTM Strada 3000 with Ultegra, Alu frame and Carbon fork and Aksyium wheels?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay understood then I would like an opinion on whether I should sell my bike inorder to buy a 2010 KTM Strada 3000 with Ultegra, Alu frame and Carbon fork and Aksyium wheels?

Price on the Katoom?

but I see where you are going with this ... :thumbup:

A 300 page "should I buy it, shouldn't I buy it" thread?

R8000+/-

So if you break even, you'll roll yours. Ok, fair enough. You wont get a hell of a lot more bike though. The only real benefit will be the wheels, and rather save and get something if that's the case. New Ultegra vs your existing 105? Meh. Apart from looking better, not much. Your 105 is bullet proof. And as with any used buy, you don't really as in 100% know what you're getting. Maybe better the devil you know, save up and do some upgrades?

I am with TNT on this .....

why are you itching for an upgrade ? Rather save some cash and upgrade bits on your current frame.

Maybe better the devil you know, save up and do some upgrades?

Yeah I'll consider upgrading thats always an option, although new ultegra groupsets can set you back. Thats ultimately what I would like an ultegra groupset on my frame, but I just don't see this deal ever coming round again. And I have the option to test ride the bike which I will do.

My gosh, I sold this bike to you(your dad) with less than 50km's on,it also have a Easton EC90 carbon wingbar fitted to it. I can't remember what I sold it for at the time but if you do a search on my previous post, you find it there. Nice bike !

Edited by baie-sukkel

My gosh, I sold this bike to you(your dad) with less than 50km's on,it also have a Easten EC90 carbon wingbar fitted to it. I can't remember what I sold it for at the time but if you do a search on my previous post, you find it there. Nice bike !

Yeah thats right Sarel is my stepfather, thanks for the great bike really enjoying it, love the way it looks. And as you can see I have a bit of a dillema on my hands

Oh and thats just the first frame I came across if you look there are probably a few out there

I think you can get between R7000 and R8000 for it, but upgrading the bike could be a better option. The groupset is good, upgrading the wheels or frame first will be the best place to start check out frames on the hub around 3k to 5k there are some good ones out there

Eg: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/9126-schwinn-peloton-comp-frame-was-r4500-now-r3500/

If I get this bike at no extra cost on my behalf then I can upgrade the frame on a better groupset, surely that would be a better way to go about it?

you gotta admit, in hindsight, that was a funny fred...

but completely neccesary .... I was a total noob knowing nothing!

Not much has changed tho...other than I am really a noob. :D

Yeah thats right Sarel is my stepfather, thanks for the great bike really enjoying it, love the way it looks. And as you can see I have a bit of a dillema on my hands

That's a great bike, and what TNT1 said is very true,maybe a lighter and better wheelset will make you feel better, but to think you going to be anything REALLY better off by spending cash ............... Nah !! Sorry,just my very humble opition on your existing great bike........ I was vrey temped to buy that bike myself,but my wife would have killed me..............dead !