Would you buy this bike for R10000?

Nalyd18

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy this bike for R10 000?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

another question - to go through all this effort for a component upgrade, is it really going to make you ride faster or better ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get this bike at no extra cost on my behalf then I can upgrade the frame on a better groupset, surely that would be a better way to go about it?

Yes I agree with you just got to hope you can get it at no extra cost

another question - to go through all this effort for a component upgrade, is it really going to make you ride faster or better ?

At Nalyd's level, he is at the point where a better bike would make a difference

Yeah look I think I'm reaching a point where better components will do me good, and I'm trying to say this without sounding like I'm blowing my own horn :blush:

Yeah look I think I'm reaching a point where better components will do me good, and I'm trying to say this without sounding like I'm blowing my own horn :blush:

Well, there's this saying, "it's not about the bike".

And while that is true, up to a point, the difference between what you have and what you want to get will make no difference whatsoever.

Why do I say true to a point? Well, there is a difference between the bike you currently have, or the one you want, and a Venge, or a Prince with Shamals and Super Record.

The point is, that technically, between what you have now, and the katoom, there is zero difference with respect to your performance. Rather save some money, and get a coach, if you're worth it.

What I mean, in case you missed it, is that the answer to your question is that you are not bettering your equipment enough to have an impact on your performance.

Edited by TNT1

Thanks for the Advice...its always helpful to get an objective opinion. I'll put a lot of thought into this decision

What I mean, in case you missed it, is that the answer to your question is that you are not bettering your equipment enough to have an impact on your performance.

Thanks very good advice and something that I'll consider