Niner Carbon 29er Dual Suss

Aggies

that bottom braket dont look like a good idea.

what gonna happen with you hit a solid rock there?

The suspension looks very much similar to the Maestro of Giant, meaning that it can be quite good. :thumbup:

You serious? It looks the same so it must be good? You could quite easily have something that looks identical to the Giant and it can be a complete pile of ****. And you could(and do) have designs that are completely different and perform even better. Similar looks have NOTHING to do with it.

according to a post on the Niner Facebook page they have a german rider on one of these who has it at 9.4kg ( his own build up ).go check it out its very sweet.

That it aint!

Methinks the bottom of that suspension is gonna take a bashing! I mean - it's UNDER the BB. If they've kept the BB height above ground the same it's gonna get bashed - if they've increased the BB height then stand over is gonna be an issue.

I think it looks great but I'm not sure that the pivot points below the BB will like all the mud etc. that will collect there.

Their suspension design has been tried and tested for years and has been doing just fine. This is just a plastic version of the same thing.

Honestly people

*facepalm*

Their suspension design has been tried and tested for years and has been doing just fine. This is just a plastic version of the same thing.

Honestly people

*facepalm*

Make it a double facepalm. :D

Honestly people

*facepalm*

Everything's fine here ladies and gentlement - nothing to see - move along:

Niner Jet 9 Issue

We have some bad news to report. We have seen 7 frames where the upper link has broken on the Jet 9. We have started some initial investigations into the cause.

We just got some of the failed links back and are sending them to a metallurgist to test the metal to see if the final links were defective on an aluminum alloy basis.

We feel it is our responsibility to inform you and to be open about how we are going to rectify the situation.

We at this time do ask that you stop riding your Jet 9 and please have your local shop inspect the upper shock linkage for cracks.

Given our size we spend a huge amount of money on R&D testing. We use FEA analysis on our frames and parts, physical jig testing, and of course real world testing. Even with these safe guards in place things can still happen.

We hope you will be understanding and see that we are being open about this issue. We are riders just like you and know what a bummer it is to get something and not be able to use it. We are going to rectify the situation and get you back on the trails as fast and responsibly as we can. I’m sure this will be fodder for those “haters” but we will just have to take our lumps and move on.

Chris & Steve

Niner Bikes

Niner had problems with the initial Air 9 also.

That said - they man upped and faced the problem head on. No worries since then.

I had an Air 9 and currently ride the MCR in SS mode. Fine bikes!

I still don't fancy having bearing/bushes right in the path of the dirt flicking off the front wheel though!

Everything's fine here ladies and gentlement - nothing to see - move along:

Niner Jet 9 Issue

We have some bad news to report. We have seen 7 frames where the upper link has broken on the Jet 9. We have started some initial investigations into the cause.

We just got some of the failed links back and are sending them to a metallurgist to test the metal to see if the final links were defective on an aluminum alloy basis.

We feel it is our responsibility to inform you and to be open about how we are going to rectify the situation.

We at this time do ask that you stop riding your Jet 9 and please have your local shop inspect the upper shock linkage for cracks.

Given our size we spend a huge amount of money on R&D testing. We use FEA analysis on our frames and parts, physical jig testing, and of course real world testing. Even with these safe guards in place things can still happen.

We hope you will be understanding and see that we are being open about this issue. We are riders just like you and know what a bummer it is to get something and not be able to use it. We are going to rectify the situation and get you back on the trails as fast and responsibly as we can. I’m sure this will be fodder for those “haters” but we will just have to take our lumps and move on.

Chris & Steve

Niner Bikes

Niner had problems with the initial Air 9 also.

That said - they man upped and faced the problem head on. No worries since then.

I had an Air 9 and currently ride the MCR in SS mode. Fine bikes!

I still don't fancy having bearing/bushes right in the path of the dirt flicking off the front wheel though!

I was referring to the specific design of the suspension and the positioning under the bb and the comments relating to it being exposed. A failing upper linkage has nothing to do with that.