Look Quartz vs Time Atac

Shortpants

Hi,

I want to buy some new pedals, but want to make the right choice.

Look Quartz Carbon vs. Time Atac Carbon XS

The weight difference is quite a lot, but price is not that much different.

Look (230g) R1100

Time (338g) R1299

I've riden with Time pedals and they are very nice, but it looks like the cleat meganism for the two pedals is the same?

Can someone maybe help that has some expereince with this choice?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to buy some new pedals, but want to make the right choice.

Look Quartz Carbon vs. Time Atac Carbon XS

The weight difference is quite a lot, but price is not that much different.

Look (230g) R1100

Time (338g) R1299

I've riden with Time pedals and they are very nice, but it looks like the cleat meganism for the two pedals is the same?

Can someone maybe help that has some expereince with this choice?

Thanks

I've had my look quarts pedals for a year now. They're really light and if you don't like a too tight feel on your pedal it definitely is a good choice. The only problem that I have with them is that you can't adjust the tension at all. This becomes a problem when the mechanism starts wearing out a tad. I just bought a pair of Time ATAC pedals. Will let you know how they are. My 2c worth

• 1 year later...

Definitely Atac pedals.

Keep in mind the 2013 models will hit the shelves soon so you can bargain a good deal on the old ones or get the new ones if you are an early adopter like myself.

The Look pedals I have used for about 7 months and chucked them in the dustbin after I began pulling my foot out on a regular basis.

The Time Atac pedals before that.......5 years, Epic and a Joberg2C done with no issues.

Bought the Carbon model when they were first launch. In fact I got mine from the first batch that arrived on our shores. Other than a new set of cleats the pedals are still going strong. No issues whatsoever. They are light, (obviously) VERY reliable, easy to maintain and feels good under foot.