Best place to buy Oakleys?

gadget

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hub,

I'm looking for Oakley Split Jackets and was wondering where the best place to buy is in your opinion. I've checked CWC, Cyclelab and Sunglasshut.

At the moment I don't have an opportunity to get someone to buy it in the US, so I'm looking for SA options - online or otherwise.

any robot at a busy intersection... nice price :lol:

Hey Guys

You can PM me with your orders for Oakley Sunglasses. Local supply and full warranty at big savings over retail.

I'll do my best to get them as fast as possible but most SA stock comes from Ireland. I can do Custom orders too.

Edited by Tarmac-SL3

Hey Guys

You can PM me with your orders for Oakley Sunglasses. Local supply and full warranty at big savings over retail.

I'll do my best to get them as fast as possible but most SA stock comes from Ireland. I can do Custom orders too.

Do you do any other brands of sunnies?

I'm glad to hear there are other hubbers getting around the outrageous price fixi "controlling" practices in SA.

I recently bought two pairs of prescription Oakleys from the UK. The cost is roughly the same as what non-prescription glasses would cost me here in SA. What's more, Discovery allowed me to claim the cost from my medical savings account. Unfortunately there are shipping restrictions for most online retailers, so you need to work a way around that.

I'm glad to hear there are other hubbers getting around the outrageous price fixi "controlling" practices in SA.

I recently bought two pairs of prescription Oakleys from the UK. The cost is roughly the same as what non-prescription glasses would cost me here in SA. What's more, Discovery allowed me to claim the cost from my medical savings account. Unfortunately there are shipping restrictions for most online retailers, so you need to work a way around that.

Who did you go with Sir? So far I've used Vision3k and they were great although I got my prescription done here. I'm awaitng a quote back from a company called, My link for my new Ray-Ban prescription glasses.

If you know someone who is travelling, order them from the Sunglass Hut in duty free at ORTIA.

I bought a pair of Batwolf Oakley's , asked for a discount and ended up paying R1188 for glasses that cost about R1600 in the normal storesclap.gif

Who did you go with Sir? So far I've used Vision3k and they were great although I got my prescription done here. I'm awaitng a quote back from a company called, My link for my new Ray-Ban prescription glasses.

I used these guys. I ordered two pairs of custom prescription Oakleys. They were delivered to a UK address in a week, fresh from the factory in Ireland.

I used these guys. I ordered two pairs of custom prescription Oakleys. They were delivered to a UK address in a week, fresh from the factory in Ireland.

Thanks for that, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay per glasses setup, I got quoted almost 6 grand for Oakleys to be made up by Classic Eyes. They send the glasses to Oakley to do.

Free to that UK address I bet, what duties did you pay?

Thanks for that, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay per glasses setup, I got quoted almost 6 grand for Oakleys to be made up by Classic Eyes. They send the glasses to Oakley to do.

Free to that UK address I bet, what duties did you pay?

This is what I paid:

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total

Oakley Jawbone Prescription Sunglasses - *CUSTOM BUILD*

(Lens: Grey Transitions (inc AR Coat), Frame: Silver, Vented Lens Upgrade: No)

O-Rx-Custom-GreyTrans 1 £259.99 GBP £259.99 GBP

Oakley Radar Prescription Sunglasses - Path - *CUSTOM BUILD*

(Lens: Grey, Frame: White Chrome)

O-RADPATH-Rx-Custom 1 £219.99 GBP £219.99 GBP

Items: £479.98 GBP

Total Cost: £479.98 GBP

Included VAT: £80.00 GBP

The total on the credit card came to R 5,461.29 - an exchange rate of 11.38.

Yes, shipping was free. No duties paid so far... ;)

This is what I paid:

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total

Oakley Jawbone Prescription Sunglasses - *CUSTOM BUILD*

(Lens: Grey Transitions (inc AR Coat), Frame: Silver, Vented Lens Upgrade: No)

O-Rx-Custom-GreyTrans 1 £259.99 GBP £259.99 GBP

Oakley Radar Prescription Sunglasses - Path - *CUSTOM BUILD*

(Lens: Grey, Frame: White Chrome)

O-RADPATH-Rx-Custom 1 £219.99 GBP £219.99 GBP

Items: £479.98 GBP

Total Cost: £479.98 GBP

Included VAT: £80.00 GBP

The total on the credit card came to R 5,461.29 - an exchange rate of 11.38.

Yes, shipping was free. No duties paid so far... ;)

Happy Days :clap:

Thanks for that, awesome breakdown :thumbup: Much appreciated, So basically half the price then, Eben better that Discovery paid as well, I guess I will be calling my broker then.

Makes me sick that we get raped for anything & everything in SA. I will continue to shop this way until things come into line.

Happy Days :clap:

Thanks for that, awesome breakdown :thumbup: Much appreciated, So basically half the price then, Eben better that Discovery paid as well, I guess I will be calling my broker then.

Makes me sick that we get raped for anything & everything in SA. I will continue to shop this way until things come into line.

I asked Discovery whether they would reimburse me before I bought the glasses. I don't think they understood the question properly, and after many e-mails, they gave me the impression that they wouldn't reimburse me.

However, I wasn't convinced, and ordered the glasses anyway. I submitted the claim after purchase, and was prepared to go to the medical schemes ombud in the event that it was declined. As it happened, Discovery had the money in my bank account in less than two weeks, without a murmur of complaint. :thumbup:

I ordered two pairs of custom prescription Oakleys.

How strong is your prescription? I was thinking of some prescription Radars, but my optometrist thought that the script for my left eye might make the lenses too thick for the frames. I'm short-sighted and need a -3.25 strength lens for that eye.