To Me - From Me - With love to Me

Ramrod

So sorry if I hurt you feelings there buddy but don't take things so personal on this here interweb! If you felt my comments were aggressive towards you, you are definitely mistaken!

I am mere trying to express my disbelieve towards crap that you were fed!

OK. I interpreted it differently. It just seems that there are a bunch of guys on here with high post counts that seem to be rude and agressive which I think spoils the forum a little - hence my comments.

Anyway we've high-jacked the OPs thread enough now. Sorry for that.

So sorry if I hurt you feelings there buddy but don't take things so personal on this here interweb! If you felt my comments were aggressive towards you, you are definitely mistaken!

I am mere trying to express my disbelieve towards crap that you were fed!

He wasn't fed crap at all, its written in black and white and is the official stance of the manufacturer/supplier. The fact that in your opinion it is a load of BS is irrelevant, because your opinion doesn't really matter. So legally Specialized, or any of their dealers are within their rights not to warranty a frame for any reasons that are specified in the warranty contract that is binding when you purchase a new frame. So in essence, if you can read and understand English, then you have absolutely no argument against it other than your opinion, which like I said, Specialized don't really care about.

He wasn't fed crap at all, its written in black and white and is the official stance of the manufacturer/supplier. The fact that in your opinion it is a load of BS is irrelevant, because your opinion doesn't really matter. So legally Specialized, or any of their dealers are within their rights not to warranty a frame for any reasons that are specified in the warranty contract that is binding when you purchase a new frame. So in essence, if you can read and understand English, then you have absolutely no argument against it other than your opinion, which like I said, Specialized don't really care about.

How will specialized know if you build the bike yourself or by a bike shop? What if you used to work fr a bike shop and can build bikes? According how I understood it it means the frame as a whole package, not the bike...otherwise it would have set something like 'Build up of bicycle only allowed by a authorized Specialized dealer...'

Maybe the specialized concept store just wanted to build it so in case of any problems they will take blame and replace it right there so it doesn't have to go through the whole process?

But something I read in that warranty claim now at the bottom is going to have loads of people on diets....

"Riders approaching 250 pounds in weight should not ride any bicycle equipped with Specialized-branded composite seat posts, handlebar stems, or handlebars...."

Edited by MTB_Roadie

The frameset was purchased new and assembled by Specialized, no issue with the warranty so far right? It does not expressively say that your groupset, wheels, cockit and all the rest Have to be installed by a Spez dealer. They do not warranty those parts anyway, so what difference does it make?

Next thing they are probably going to tell you that the warranty is void if you don't install Spez bars, seatpost, stems, wheels, groupo ... BS!

And all mtbikers you warranty are void as soon as you take it into the mountain, "riding on severe terrain" voids it

How will specialized know if you build the bike yourself or by a bike shop? What if you used to work fr a bike shop and can build bikes? According how I understood it it means the frame as a whole package, not the bike...otherwise it would have set something like 'Build up of bicycle only allowed by a authorized Specialized dealer...'

Look, they wont really, thats between you and your LBS and Specialized. Technically if you race with your frame its also not covered. Specialized is a huge corporate and they do what they can to cover their arses, but to shoot someone down because they have actually read and understand the warranty is a bit annoying to say the least.

I didn't shoot him down...I just think that is mainly the problem with bike shops...they always try 'catch' you into situations like that....honestly if you need to go according to the warranty booklet in everything you will have to look at your bike from the couch. :)

I didn't shoot him down...I just think that is mainly the problem with bike shops...they always try 'catch' you into situations like that....honestly if you need to go according to the warranty booklet in everything you will have to look at your bike from the couch. :)

Not referring to you anyway, but you know what, lets get back to the OP.

Thats a friggin nice frame. There is something about Specialized that makes them awesome. I think they know what they want technically but they also know what looks awesome, so they tick all the boxes for me.

So in essence, if you can read and understand English, then you have absolutely no argument against it...

It does in fact seems like I can't understand engish becase the sentence "This warranty is void if the bicycle (my understanding = a box sent from Spez with frame, wheelset, goupo and cockpit, saddle seatpost and all the rest, needs be assembled by Spez which makes sense) or frameset (my understanding = frame, fork, headset needs be assembled by Spez which also makes sense) was not purchased new (it was, what you do with if after, not mentioned) or not properly assembled (both were) by an authorized Spez dealer"

It does in fact seems like I can't understand engish becase the sentence "This warranty is void if the bicycle (my understanding = a box sent from Spez with frame, wheelset, goupo and cockpit, saddle seatpost and all the rest, needs be assembled by Spez which makes sense) or frameset (my understanding = frame, fork, headset needs be assembled by Spez which also makes sense) was not purchased new (it was, what you do with if after, not mentioned) or not properly assembled (both were) by an authorized Spez dealer"

Not sure exctly how it works but i was told by my LBS that they need to build it up or if there are warranty issues they will not be able to send it back to Specialized. I agrre that it is BS as in some cases the mechs at the LBS are less clued up than i am and that is saying something. Be that as it may after foking out for the frame i cant afford to have issues if anything goes wrong.

Congrats, man...

It is road racing season.

Hope you get that frame on the Tarmac soon-soon (pun intended)

:thumbup:

Not sure exctly how it works but i was told by my LBS that they need to build it up or if there are warranty issues they will not be able to send it back to Specialized. I agrre that it is BS as in some cases the mechs at the LBS are less clued up than i am and that is saying something. Be that as it may after foking out for the frame i cant afford to have issues if anything goes wrong.

Perhaps your LBS (which just happens to be a Specialized dealer) just like me have no understanding of the english language and don't know the difference between bicycle and frameset.

The way I see it (my opinion again sorry Velo). Your frameset was bought new and assembled by an authorized dealer, Specialized themselves. So you have not voided the warranty. It does not say that anywhere that after the purchase and assembly of your frameset, that you must have the groupset installed by Spez.

What if Shimano started insisting that only authorised installers install their groupsets, who would do the installation on a Spez frameset, Shimano or Spez?

When Spez ships a bicycle to their many dealers all over the world, the bike is not yet assembled. It is a box with frameset and parts. I can fully understand if they want an authorized dealer to assemble that in order to honour the warranty.

But saying that an endless choice of parts and groupsets (not covered by the warranty anyway) must be installed by Spez, onto your bare frame (which you could have bought anywhere, online even), come on? Surely, once you have that frame in your hand you can pretty much put on it what you want, hell you can even turn it into a single speed for all they care.

Consider the possibility that those words, were interpreted is such a way to favour your LBS (Spez dealer) and not you.

Clearly, that would be very easy to do.

Edited by Tankman

Well, i suppose we can all agree that its worded to give Specialized the upper hand. Similar to shimano saying in their warranty that you're not covered unless you use Shimano gear and brake cables. Its stupid, but its there in any case.

BTW, which LBS charge you for assembly of the bike? If I buy stuff at my LBS, they assemble and adjust it for free. All part of the service for buying to stuff from them.