Specializeds new CARBON demo 8 at the Worlds in Champery

nigelhicks

Saw a pic of Andrew Neethling in 5.10's too. I don't think we can even imagine how steep that track is. Next year I will be paying a visit tho.

that a destination on 2012's Eurobiketrip itinerary?

Guest Omega Man

that a destination on 2012's Eurobiketrip itinerary?

Oh yes.

You can get there from Morzine with 4 or 5 lifts and abt 5km of xc riding. Just make sure you start heading back no later than 2.30 cos the lifts close at 4.30 and getting stuck on an alp will suck.

We planned on going there this year but sort of got lost and ended up in Morgins. I know where to go now so it's all good.

This is how to get there.

Super Morzine Gondola

Zorre lift.

5km xc ride across and down into Linderettes (dropper seat post a big plus here)

Mossettes lift up to some peak.

Mossettes 2 down in to switzerland

Crossettes lift to the top of Champery.

Of course you also have to resist the temptation to ride Linderettes, Chatel, Morgins and Crosettes which are all more or less on the way.

Edited by Omega Man

bryceland was saying he'll be riding flats too ... but he said Clips may be good for some of the corners - to hop the bike into place .. but on something that steep ... i think flats are an advantage ... I checked the profile of the course on Google earth (i have the tracks for every world cup mapped out) ... Its UNBELIEVABLE how steep that track is

To give you an idea

PMB - Avg slope = -14%

Max Slope = -40%

Most other WCs

Avg = -20%

Max = -40%

CHAMPERY

AVG = -36%

MAX = -77% !!!!!!!!!!

OMG ... i think i'd **** myself! - thats like riding down Cloud 9 on the PMB world Cup Track for the ENTIRE course ... all 1.8km of it!

Guest Omega Man

CHAMPERY

AVG = -36%

MAX = -77% !!!!!!!!!!

OMG. Correction. Next year when I head off to Champery I will be getting lost again and ending up in Morgins.

Guest Omega Man

bryceland was saying he'll be riding flats too ...

Doesn't he always ride flats? It will be interesting to see who does run flats instead of clips. Probly find guys running flats until they feel safe and then switch to clips.

Doesn't he always ride flats? It will be interesting to see who does run flats instead of clips. Probly find guys running flats until they feel safe and then switch to clips.

No there have been a ton of guys swopping between clips and flats this year dependant on the course. Bryceland and Smith are notable Flat pedal dudes who have been riding clips most of the year!

They changed to clips in SA and rode them at Fort Bill and MSA and Windham ... they were on flats at Leogang (Look at Ratboys off when his feet slipped on the last jump - wouldnt have happened had he been on clips) ... and now for Val Di Sole and Champers they on flats again - seems the steepness of the Euro Courses leads the guys to riding flats whereas the high speed rough .. not so steep ... but long man tracks of MSA and the Bill make them ride clips.

brendogs union jack Specialized - he needs kit to match though :thumbdown:

http://dirt.mpora.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bdog2.jpg

yep. vital had an image of him sporting kit with the UJ. looked pretty awesome.

ooh cool! Question though... have they ever put S-Works on the WC DH bikes before? Or is it only now that they're carbon?

ooh cool! Question though... have they ever put S-Works on the WC DH bikes before? Or is it only now that they're carbon?

i think its only now hey!