Devon Valley rd, Stellenbosch

Reg Lizard

Beware the land owner on the private section between JC Le Roux and the short steep section has done some informal repairs to the tar section with loose stone which for those going down hill will present a hazard

Thanx for the heads up, can't even remember starting this thread :eek:

Can however mention that this route has become my favorite route :clap:

Maybe just worth mentioning that the criminals are now also aware of this route  :thumbdown:

Still much safer than cycling past Kyamandi but I'm aware of 2 muggings of cyclists this year, close to the rubbish heap close to Stellenbosch Animal Welfare

Is that an alternative route Robbie? I think the road most people use run a bit closer to JC Le Roux?

That looks like the route I use with the Mtb ;)  It reconnects with the Devonvalley road via a steep tarred downhill section past the Hotel ;) 26% gradient if I remember correctly and a bugger to climb with a standard road bike setup :eek:

Maybe just worth mentioning that the criminals are now also aware of this route  :thumbdown:

Still much safer than cycling past Kyamandi but I'm aware of 2 muggings of cyclists this year, close to the rubbish heap close to Stellenbosch Animal Welfare

Jip I also heard of these incidents but this hasn't deterred me from using the road, yet. Then again I use the route over Polka a lot.

That looks like the route I use with the Mtb ;)  It reconnects with the Devonvalley road via a steep tarred downhill section past the Hotel ;) 26% gradient if I remember correctly and a bugger to climb with a standard road bike setup :eek:

Cool, will take a look next time I ride there. I wasn't aware of that option  :thumbup:  I always go straight on past JC Le Roux

Is that an alternative route Robbie? I think the road most people use run a bit closer to JC Le Roux?

I have never gone down to JC le Roux (now that I typed that, I hope I never have to go down on JC le Roux).

I always hook a sho't left at the top and go down that gravelly section, go though the gate, and then hit that very steep drop to the main road.

• 2 months later...

JC Le Roux Gate, there were some fellows installing razor wire by the gate this morning where you normally go through, I went in by the motor side, no problem, but I dont know the reasoning is as you can go ten meters up by the other private roads boom.