IMSA 2012

camerons

My long(er) term goal is to qualify for Kona although I may need to travel somewhere to do that as there are not many slots in PE. My first IMSA was in 2010 where I did 12h35, then last year I did 11h35 (1h03 swim, 5h20 bike and 5h05 run so clearly there is a lot of room for improvement on the run). My current plan for 2012 is to race IM 70.3 in Jan then push through to the full race in April. I have been working on my run for a while now and will do my first standalone marathon in less than 2 weeks (Cape Town Marathon) so I should get a feel for how I have improved. My goal time for 2012 is 10h30 and then to continue improving to start to challenge for a slot in the coming years.

Can't wait for the light to improve so I can load on the hours - I love the training!

g-rex from tritalk?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mr_stig and Zula - just enter and worry about the consequences later. You won't regret it. Well actually you might but it will be worth it in the end.

mr_stig and Zula - just enter and worry about the consequences later. You won't regret it. Well actually you might but it will be worth it in the end.

I want to, I really do.

Lemme see how jailbreak and 70.3 go and how I feel at the end. My limiting factor is my running which I have to say is coming along nicely at the moment so maybe by April Ill be good to go.

As for the finances, I can afford it but hell next year I've entered 70.3, Sani2c and potentially full IM. Not including all the other races all over the show. That's over 20k right there! These sports are not cheap, but they sure are fun :) :) :)

Hope to be there next April. Doing my 1st triathlon next weekend. i have entered 70.3 in Jan, so i will see how the training goes in December and then decide to do the full distance

Also in - getting nervous all over again just reading this thread. Standing on the beach before the cannon went off was the best/worst time of my life :thumbup:

@Cyclefan - A year of training felt nowehere near as long as that final minute waiting for the start of Ironman!

@Cyclefan - A year of training felt nowehere near as long as that final minute waiting for the start of Ironman!

I hear you! Can't wait for it again next year <_<

• 2 months later...

hey guys..

2 questions.. :unsure:

- any restrictions on wheels at IMSA 2012 ? obviously depending on the weather it will be a 4spoke/disk combo or 60/88

- I'm doing 70.3 in jan and then full in april, was thinking of doing the midlands ultra in mar 4th. Do you reckon its a good idea ? :unsure:

cheers

Want to do this just to complete it, but have a dodgy left knee. Trying to get a walk\run program up and going so that I can consider this.... To enter or not to enter....