WHEELSET STOLEN FROM MY POST OFFICE.

bassasdaindia

double check the facts much? :P :P

Quote: 'the wheelset was stolen between central Jhb depot/hub and Norwood post office

The post office has confirmed that they arrived in RSA. (in writing) '

Did you read the entire thread.... :P :D

They should cover it without too much of a problem... Insurance is more for it to reach you in 1 piece, you have paid them for the service of it actually reaching you so that is their responsibility to supply that service. If it arrives and is destroyed from transport, that would be your problem and insurance is then a factor.

The post office confirmed that a parcel of 6 items (one being my wheels) went missing between the central JHB hub and Norwood.

The post office have accepted the loss and gave me a claim form to complete.

Thank you for all the interest,i am however appealing to hubbers that should this wheelset surface that i be contacted.

Many thanks again.

The post office confirmed that a parcel of 6 items (one being my wheels) went missing between the central JHB hub and Norwood.

The post office have accepted the loss and gave me a claim form to complete.

Thank you for all the interest,i am however appealing to hubbers that should this wheelset surface that i be contacted.

Many thanks again.

That way you get the wheels back and your claim? :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

That way you get the wheels back and your claim? :whistling:

That's what I was thinking, once you've been paid out do the wheels belong to the post office?

That's what I was thinking, once you've been paid out do the wheels belong to the post office?

If the wheels are recovered within a certain period (I think it's 3 months or so) then the PO (if the PO fronted the cash) or the PO's insurer (if they in turn submitted a claim to their insurer) would be able to try and reclaim some of the loss that they incurred by selling the wheels. If they recovered the money they lost as a result of paying out the claimant, from the person who stole the wheels, then the wheels would be returned to the original owner.

If the wheels are recovered privately, without the knowledge of the insurer or the PO, then it is generally written off as a loss. After all, who would go back to the PO and say "look. You know those wheels you paid me out for? Well, I kinda found them"