easton EA 90Xc 29er vs mavic Crossmax 29er

wynandvdmerwe

It seems like now is a good time to buy some Mavic Cro29max's. There are suddenly several for sale here.

If price is not a problem, Eastons all the way.. The reviews I read and longterm test reviews on US and UK blogs are all good. Mavic's might not be to expensive to service but parts are expensive and they do need TLC, more than any other wheels Ive ridden.

I go Easton , if the mtb wheels are anything like the road wheels i have then its a no brainer for me.

Just curious, but why only these 2 options? What about the American Classics - lighter and cheaper than both. Have had no issues with mine so far and I'm no lightweight...

Just curious, but why only these 2 options? What about the American Classics - lighter and cheaper than both. Have had no issues with mine so far and I'm no lightweight...

I had a pair of these and they are great , BUT the rims are way soft and bend very easy and im a lightweight.

Nothing against the American Classic. I have always ridden Mavic, SLR on my 26er,cosmics on my cervelo. Them I saw the Easton and decided it would just complete the look on my very black Niner frame. Thanks for the honest opinions guys,get yourselves a BELLS

• 7 months later...

Nothing against the American Classic. I have always ridden Mavic, SLR on my 26er,cosmics on my cervelo. Them I saw the Easton and decided it would just complete the look on my very black Niner frame. Thanks for the honest opinions guys,get yourselves a BELLS

So which wheels did you eventually go with and how have they performed. I am looking for a 29er wheeleset for the Pyga One Ten29er I am going to build up, I'm leaning towards the Mavic though, I'm told they are stronger and that is most important to me.