What wouldnt you buy off the hub?

NickD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought...non of us seem willing to buy any second hand clothing, yet most of us are always willing and proud when we donate them to a charity!

Just a thought...non of us seem willing to buy any second hand clothing, yet most of us are always willing and proud when we donate them to a charity!

I wouldn't donate used shorts to charity.

They are getting it free and are not paying.so they can take it or leave it.

I have donated many items of clothing and never once had a complaint.

And what's wrong with that? Most of us can afford to buy clothing. If there's something that a charity needs, some people donate clothing that they ordinarily would not wear themselves, either due to loss / gain of weight, or they just don't use them.

In addition - would you rather they just stay in the cupboard? Or be sold to a thrift store who are just going to sell them on for a profit? Giving to those more needy than ourselves is not a crime. They are thankful for anything they receive, regardless of age/use/condition. We prefer new kit, because we can afford it. Why shouldn't we pass on the clothing instead of trying to sell it?

Haha! No, I agree and it was just a thought. Yes, clothes sitting in a cupboard is a little unfair if someone can use them. If I give to charity, my thought is this, 'is this in a condition fit for me to wear?'...if not, then I do not donate it, because if it is good enough for me to wear, it should be in good enough condition for someone else to wear. Charity does not mean we can just throw our old hole riddled clothes onto people we expect to be grateful for them.

In the same way as selling clothing on here, it should be in a condition that we are proud to sell it. (no skidmarks!)

It was just a thought!

Haha! No, I agree and it was just a thought. Yes, clothes sitting in a cupboard is a little unfair if someone can use them. If I give to charity, my thought is this, 'is this in a condition fit for me to wear?'...if not, then I do not donate it, because if it is good enough for me to wear, it should be in good enough condition for someone else to wear. Charity does not mean we can just throw our old hole riddled clothes onto people we expect to be grateful for them.

In the same way as selling clothing on here, it should be in a condition that we are proud to sell it. (no skidmarks!)

It was just a thought!

Absolutely. Your post just came across as grossly ignorant of the reasons and situations in which people donate clothing. Nobody said anything about the clothing having to be riddled with holes before donating it.

It just so happens though, that the vast majority of us would rather not buy 2nd hand clothing. Not to say that we haven't, rather that we'd prefer not to.

Horse for courses!!

It's all about economics...

Absolutely. Your post just came across as grossly ignorant of the reasons and situations in which people donate clothing. Nobody said anything about the clothing having to be riddled with holes before donating it.

It just so happens though, that the vast majority of us would rather not buy 2nd hand clothing. Not to say that we haven't, rather that we'd prefer not to.

I know of desperatly poor cyclists who are only to happy to recieve anything that will assist them in their cycling and have only been to gratefull to recieve any second hand cycling clothing I have passed on to them.

www.russianbrides.com? blink.gif

interbride.ru and rbride.com would be my choice rather. Much better selection.

interbride.ru and rbride.com would be my choice rather. Much better selection.

You went window shopping to compare the merchandise?

The hub is the best place to buy shoes! I got a *brand new* pair of SIDIs for R600. I could see and smell that they had been used, at most, for one short ride. Bib shorts I will only buy if they still have the tags on, and even then I will wash them about 8 times before I use them.