Guest agteros

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, not on e-books it seems, I'll have to go to a regular book store I guess. :)

Got mine from Sportsmans, can't remember how much though

For anyone who is interested I will be hosting a barefoot seminar at the Emmarentia botanical gardens on the 2nd of October, I'll be posting further details on my site http://sites.google.com/site/barefootsadave/

This will be an introduction to barefoot running and the grass in the garden will be our playground for the day. Don't expect to run far (probably around 3km or so) as it does take some getting used to, you will find muscles in your feet you didn't think were there!

I have one here if you wish to loan.

Thanks for the offer its much appreciated mate, but I like books, I read avidly and I often refer back, I'll just stop by Exclusive books and pick one up.

Speaking of books, (and theres nothing technically to learn in this one, but have you read "The loneliness of the long distance runner"? - just a wonderful inspirational book which I cherished for years on my book shelf, unfortunately I lost it somewhere in one of our moves, its available in e-book if you have a kindle, but, maybe not the same, sometimes you actually want a real paper book. :)

Not true.

We are born to run, it's the way in which we have done it over the years that has forced us to re-look the distances to be achieved.

We are hunters by nature, the bushmen can still run an animal in to exhaustion and have it collapse dying.

As an aside, I found Innov8 to be k@k.

Anyone looking for a good shoe to try out forefoot striking and can't stand the thought of sandals or foot gloves.

Have a look at the New Balance Minimus.

PM sent :)

Indeed yes! He has enough rubbersole material to last him a lifetime!

I spoke to Serge yesterday and it was enough to get him back on the road, so he pitched up at time trial :-)

We're running together again on Sunday and then he's making me a pair of sandals! Can't wait to try them out!

Ok, borrowed the book, born to run. Time now to see what all this barefoot running malarkey is all about.