Rolf Vector Pro Problem

Cois

I have a small problem.

My Rolf Vector Pro wheelset has a crack in the hub of the rear wheel.

Is there a place in SA where I can take the wheel for repairs, or hub replacement?

Not sure- think it is still an Omnico product, they normally very good with warranties. Call them on 021 691 0110

Okay this isnt cool. Pay R16000 for a wheelset and then Trek B&M about Lancie winning on a wheelset not made by them - maybe the reason why Bontrager came into the market.

I think Rolf Vector is called Rolf Prima now??? smiley5.gif smiley5.gif Cois2006-09-10 23:51:30

The Rolf Vector Pro hub was a DT Swiss Hugi 240 which was made specifically for Rolf, then Bontrager took over the branding and booted Rolf, this was when Rolf broker away from Trek. The new Rolf Vigor and Rolf Prima stuff used to use the American Classic hub but I think they've started to use the White Industries hubs recently. Hope that helps?

Thanks. Will look into it. Slept all day today smiley9.gif . Will see if I can get to a LBS tomorrow.

I have an old set of Rolf Comp wheels lying in my garage. The rear rim snapped in an accident and I could not get it fixed - no parts available anymore.

PM me if you are interested.

Hey Cois,

I had exactly the same problem on my Rolf's. Cycle House in Pretoria had some spare rear wheels, and assisted me getting it sorted out.

Speak to Anton 012 546 9855

Click on image to open in new window

Ok ok, you guys problem is solved, sweet. Now fix mine. My back wheel is not stable, you know like when I move it from side to side it wiggles, like it's not fasten but it is, so what's wrong with it and how do I fix it??? It's AmericanClassics.

Check if the "cones" are loose. On the non-drive side there are 2 lock nuts that lock the hub. You need 2 19mm spanners, not necesarily cone spanners. You also need to hold the drive side axle in an axle-vice. Perhaps it's best to let a bike shop do this? Not that I don't trust you, it's just that they should know what they're doing and have the right tools, if not I can give you the run down? Have a set myself and operate on them every now and then.

....cones, ja, mmm, I had the same problem with my Mtb, the mmmm, those things that go..., the bolts, no, not bolts, the ***!, the stuff that go on both sides of the cluster thingy, they were loose so I tightened them with my fingers and now they are fine, no wiggle. But the ones on the racer are tight, so I don't know...

Ok ok' date=' you guys problem is solved, sweet. Now fix mine. My back wheel is not stable, you know like when I move it from side to side it wiggles, like it's not fasten but it is, so what's wrong with it and how do I fix it??? It's AmericanClassics.[/quote']

Marius....

Loose weight....you are stuffing up the bearings! smileys/smiley17.gif

mmm, thx Spidey but Lize just had me on a "fat" diet not that I was complainingsmileys/smiley36.gif Ill take it in, think they might be stuffed..

....cones' date=' ja, mmm, I had the same problem with my Mtb, the mmmm, those things that go..., the bolts, no, not bolts, the ***!, the stuff that go on both sides of the cluster thingy, they were loose so I tightened them with my fingers and now they are fine, no wiggle. But the ones on the racer are tight, so I don't know...[/quote']

Cones are not meant to be loosened or tightened by hand, ever! Get that sorted now! If you can't loosen the cones, it doesn't mean they're not loose. You tighten them against the locknut. That's why you need 2 spanners. Get to a bike shop!

oooo, but really, the Mtb is perfect now, this was after I had taken it to some1 to fix it, it still wiggled, then after a few races I took the wheel off, tightend it wiht my hand and "bkink" it was wiggle free, so now I leave it, if it's not broken why f with it.

But ja, the racer is another story, think I'll have my friend have a bash at it first..smileys/smiley17.gif