What pads come standard in Avid Elixir CR brakes? Sintered or organic?

Bat-ass

What pads come standard in Avid Elixir CR brakes? Sintered or organic?

Why i ask is.... The pads that came with the brakes never ever squeeled once. I replaced the rear pads about 6 weeks ago with Genuine Avid pads (not sure but i think Sintered metal) and the brake sqeels like hell now.

The front with original pads still, have never squeeled.

clean your discs, then bed them in, then decide if they're squealing again.

I got sintered metal pads stock when I bought my CRs.

Sorry, when i said they "squeel" i might have been misleading you... They dont "Squeel"... they F@#$en howl!!!!

Yeah, mine are squeeling since day one, the original pads squeeled so are the replacements. It makes a very high pitch noise. I think its organic pads.

If you find a sollution, please let me know aswell.

• 1 year later...

Mine are squeeling like a beheaded pig under hard breaking. This is a known issue and Avid has posted a solution to this on their site, which involves them sending you a solid rotor.

http://www.bikerumor...c-brake-issues/

Did anyone do this? My Elixir 3's are terrible, the front brake sounds like a cheap horror movie with all the screaming and squeeling!

I have done all the usual clean pads and rotors, bed in etc but they are a million times worse than my cheap Tektro's!