Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Barracuda 2 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha Team 3 Thomas De Gendt (Bel) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 4 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Lampre - ISD

Stage results 1 Marco Pinotti (Ita) BMC Racing Team 2 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Sky Procycling 3 Jesse Sergent (NZl) RadioShack-Nissan 4 Alex Rasmussen (Den) Garmin - Barracuda 5 Thomas De Gendt (Bel) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 6 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Barracuda

Great few weeks of racing, it had everything. Only down side isI would have liked Cav' to have got the points Jersey but J-Rod deserved it.

Now... Who's predicting what for the TdF??

The one thing i'm excited for is the actual LIVE coverage on Supersport again during the TDF

Grumpy, I think Lampre went into the race with an agreement that there would be 2 leaders. I think big names come with substantial egos, too, it probably was up to Cunego to decide how he would race.

Yeah, Maybe, I dont know, I am just peeved off.

I agree on the ego issue, but I actually thought Cunego would be bigger than that, and I am disappointed its not so.!

I didnt watch the TT, but I see Hesjedal won, in a way I am happy for Garmin, they had a good plan to keep Hesjedal in the hunt and everyone played their part.

The plan with Vandervelde who protected Hesjedal for 3/4's of the way up the Stelvio was excellent, because it was obvious the big names were not going to let him off the front, so Garmin figured it out, planned and played it to perfection.

Good thing they dont have Cunego on their team.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yeah, Maybe, I dont know, I am just peeved off.

I agree on the ego issue, but I actually thought Cunego would be bigger than that, and I am disappointed its not so.!

I didnt watch the TT, but I see Hesjedal won, in a way I am happy for Garmin, they had a good plan to keep Hesjedal in the hunt and everyone played their part.

The plan with Vandervelde who protected Hesjedal for 3/4's of the way up the Stelvio was excellent, because it was obvious the big names were not going to let him off the front, so Garmin figured it out, planned and played it to perfection.

Good thing they dont have Cunego on their team.!

I would assume you don't have the same affection for Cunego you had a week ago..... :whistling:

I would assume you don't have the same affection for Cunego you had a week ago..... :whistling:

Indeed, :D I still think he is a great athlete, but it appears now he likes to be a bit of a "one man band" thats fine in the Classics, but in a grand tour.....its just not "cricket".!

Awesome, a new face and Canadian nogal, on the top of the podium.

I did not expect the lanky and awkward looking Hesjedal to clinch it. The boytjie can climb!