Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

Great Stage, I thought it was the day for the breakaway and Chavez was superb, I was also very happy to see Scarponi and Kreuziger leading the gruppo up the climbs, however with the Maglia Rosa in Lampre's hands now they will consolidate and start to put contenders in the top 10 - I like their strategy so far.

Tomorrow and Sunday we will get a better idea, but so far I would say its - Scarponi - Check, Kreuziger - Check, Schleck - Check, Rodriguez - Check, Basso - Hmm, he is there or there about's but slipped down the gruppo very quickly on that brutal penultimate climb, he also didnt look convincing near the front and Agnoli and Szmyd were riding away from him too easily, he was struggling to hold the wheel.

Rodriguez my pick for tommorow ( it's his birthday too)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodriguez my pick for tommorow ( it's his birthday too)

Yeah, he is sitting highest on GC as well I think, - of course I will be rooting for Cunego and Scarponi :) - but I do agree Rodriguez is definitely going to be the one to beat.

Not one word in the papers. Not one word. 4 pages of other sports ***, but nothing on one of the biggest and best cycle races in the world. Sigh.

Not one word in the papers. Not one word. 4 pages of other sports ***, but nothing on one of the biggest and best cycle races in the world. Sigh.

What did you expect! In SA only Rugby, Soccer and Cricket matters. It's even worse with Surfski. Dawid Mocke has been the top surfski paddler in the world for 2 years running, and nobody knows he even exists, same when Hank McGregor won the world K1 marathon champs this year. Also coming to mind is Greg Albertyn when he was the top MX racer in the world quite a few years ago.

Gutsy performance by Rubiano

Was nice seeing Impey take the bunch sprint.

Stage 7 profile.

Suits a climber like Rodriguez well, plus he is in good hands as Katusha is proving to be very strong, but he often has bad days, so I am hoping this is one of them :rolleyes: and Cunego can take the stage. :)

Thanks DSTV for cocking up last nights PVR recording :thumbdown:

Lucky there is a repeat in 1/2 an hour's time.

Thanks DSTV for cocking up last nights PVR recording :thumbdown:

Lucky there is a repeat in 1/2 an hour's time.

You just can't win with DSTV

You just can't win with DSTV

Do any of you watch the stage live everyday via www.steephill.tv

You can watch it on various stations via your computer with,in my case,a little bit of buffering.

Try it! :D

Do any of you watch the stage live everyday via www.steephill.tv

You can watch it on various stations via your computer with,in my case,a little bit of buffering.

Try it! :D

Hi emme, i already stream it.

Go back a few pages to see our links too

Hey guys, don't know if this has been mentioned (didn't read the entire post) but you can download many of the races from http://cyclingtorrents.nl (using a torrent downloading program, like utorrent ). They upload the live Eurosport broadcasts of the Giro within 24 hours and also upload other races. New members can't download HD unfortunately.

I don't know if this is illegal, seeing as you can watch it for free online(I think?) If it is, sorry :P

Pink jersey just dropped , wonder who will take it tonight - one big climb to go...

Emanuele Sella launches a big acceleration from the main peloton, and he is quickly followed by Damiano Cunego. Liquigas-Cannondale are prompt to respond to the danger, sending Eros Capecchi to the front to shut down the move.

Once Sella and Cunego are caught, Jose Rujano (Androni-Venezuela) goes on the attack. He can't get clear, but his forcing has brought back Agnoli, Pietropolli and Ivan Santaromita (BMC), who had gone across to them.

Angel Vicioso sets the pace at the head of the bunch for Katusha. All the while, Ryder Hesjedal is currently in the virtual overall lead

The gradient briefly ratchets up to 9% before the road flattens out ahead of a brief false descent.

2. 6.4km remaining from 202km
    17:24:41 CEST

Jose Herrada is now beginning to collaborate with Pirazzi at the head of the race and the duo still have 29 seconds in hand over the chasers.

17:23:52 CEST

Androni-Venezuela can sense a stage victory for Rujano or perhaps the pink jersey for Rubiano today. They are again forcing the issue on the front, with Carlos Jose Ochoa putting in a monstruous turn.