idiot crashed my bike

Audible Anarchy

Moer him.

Take Johan's advice and find something that looks like his avatar to do the job with. The bigger the better

As per Edman's advice using those hobby paints. They come in hundreds of different shades and cost about R15 for a tin.

I used an airbrush that I bought from Makro for R120.00 to take scratches out of an old bike that I had. It worked like a bomb, you could not even see the repair. I just bought the paint that closely matched the colour of the bike.

Take the bike in to your LBS for an assessment - they should be able to see / check for structural damage (I hope).

Hoods can be replaced yes. That cover piece is going to be difficult to replace - sourcing them is the difficult part.

Dont know where youre at in country. There are usually shops that polish up aluminium amd metal parts. Ask the guys that repair car mags where they send mags for polishing. Ive used Autosol metal polish bought from a motorcycle shop or car accessory shop to polish up aluminium or metal parts. A bit of elbow grease added, shouldnt get it all out but should look better. Good luck

As much as you want to keep the costs to a minimum, it is always good to get an unbiased view on the damage. Scratches are going to remain unfortunately, unless you can somehow polish it out.

What groupo you got? CWC has red SRAM hoods on special for R190 a pair.

[extract]4) Besides water sanding paper there is quite little you can do besides replacing parts to actually remove scratches from metal.[/extract]

There was a thread awhile ago were guys were touching up STI levers etc with a clear spray. Can't remember the brand but I have seen similar products at art shops and motor spares.