Single Speed GT Peace 29'er - Advice Please

Iain Olivier

I have ONE word for you..

BUY IT.

i second that. and if you decide against buying it let me know the size and who to speak to i'll buy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who gave advice and input... I really appreciate it big time! (Thug, I FLY, Cycho, Caad4, Newo, jcmeyer15, BigBen) Also because of this advice I am now the proud new owner of this rigid Single Speed GT Peace 29'er smile.gif I am loving it!

howzit

yip that is my bright yellow gt peace 9er haha.

i've only just got my GT peace 9er but it is such a beauty. love the rigid fork. aready pushed the bike hard into some corners and have to say that if i had a sus fork i would have got to know terra firma a bit better. haha.

the bike is awesome, responsive and damn quick, kept up with some DH boys at reitvlie the other day no worries.

the only suggestions i can make are to:

1: Get a good Quality Chainring, something SS or BMX specific ( i got a Chromag 32t)

2: Get a Strong Chain. I recommend a half-link BMX chain. they Super strong and come in cool colours

3:If you going disc break run a 185mm rotor in front (dont know how heavey you are but i'm 95kg and the extra stopping power is nice to have)

other than that the bike is amazing the best value for money. I had a full carbon Specailized Stumpjumper with 2x10 Sram XO groupset full on race machine that i never touched once i got this baby.

All the best and look forward to seeing pics of your bike soon.

Thanks for this advice! I will post some questions re- this info later (i.e where did you get your chain?)thumbup1.gif

I have ONE word for you..

BUY IT.

Thanks Drongo thumbup1.gif

post-18777-0-21120000-1320147897.jpg

post-18777-0-71799100-1320147911.jpg

Oury grips...my favourite! That bike looks to be in excellent condition, you are going to love it.

Oury grips...my favourite! That bike looks to be in excellent condition, you are going to love it.

Drop me a PM if you ever want to sell that Medium Peace !

Thanks smile.gif

great bike.

wishing you many many happy miles on her. now what you need to do is bring her up to vicfalls for the Zambezi Challenge. will be looking at doing it next year. Kasane-Vicfalls, vifalls gorge and then the National park some super riding. you could even say howzit to your Nyaminyami

great bike.

wishing you many many happy miles on her. now what you need to do is bring her up to vicfalls for the Zambezi Challenge. will be looking at doing it next year. Kasane-Vicfalls, vifalls gorge and then the National park some super riding. you could even say howzit to your Nyaminyami

Thanks JC! I have also actually been thinking about doing this race, looks like an amazing event and get to visit my favourite place in Africa! Maybe see you there next year thumbup1.gif

• 1 year later...