Treatment for tennis elbow?

I FLY

From own experience and a lot of discussions with others sufferers, it would seem that overuse is the most common cause and rest the most common fix. Cortisone directly injected into the elbow joint will probably leave you with a few brakemarks in your underware, but the relief is noticible within a short period of time.

There's also a product on the market that you put around your forearm that applies pressure on the muscle just underneath the elbow joint. You'll feel the pain go immediately if you apply pressure onto this point with 2 fingers of your hand. It is an elastic band with velcro adjustment for proper fit. It has a small cushion on the inside which you position over the muscle to apply the same pressure as with your hand. It kills the pain effectively, but it's not a fix.

DisChem etc stock these

Good luck

there are 2 options...

1st is similar to a power balance band, but way more expensive (and we all know that more expensive means it must work)...

behold... the Tennis Bracelet.

http://www.diamond.com/media/common/products/images/B/D/Y/6/BDY_021726_b_l-5_Carat_Diamond_14K_White_Gold_Tennis_Bracelet.jpg

Remember to buy the one with real holograms (diamonds). There are side effects though... your friends may doubt your sexual orientation.

Other option for relief from tennis elbow is a medicine taken orally...

http://www.africashop.com.au/shop/images/uploads/tennis.jpg

dosage may vary according to severity of ailment. Side effect include the inability to whistle for up to 2min after consumption

Thanks for all the responses - sensible or not.

I hurt my elbow/forearm by lifting my commuter bike incorrectly to insert the front wheel after the Gautrain commute. By the time I realised what I had done it was a chronic injury. Three sessions with physio had not effect.

So to respond to the sensible posts

1. Mook - I have the elbow brace but as you mentioned it is a guard not a cure

2. Wanneberacer - I am trying to get a biokenist appointment

3. Blackdove - I will try those exercises. Interestingly I did them throughout my baseball/softball playing days to strengthen my wrists and forearms.

4. Morwa - I will try the Prolotherapy if biokenist is not successful

5. Patches - Tennis bracelet would be handy if I was trying to impress the hot lady cyclists but I know that I am past my "use by date"