1uur plus klim in die Kaap

Iemand het so 2weke gelede gevra, waar kry jy 'n lang genoeg bult om te kan train .

Wel, 'n paar Epic ouens (Buff incl), het saterdag hierdie outjie gaan ry. Met 'n storm sterk wind van voor, het dit nogal geneuk en ons meer as 'n uur gevat om te klim

20071210_022059_555.JPGpopeye2007-12-10 02:21:03

Fand.. onthou ons ry met mtb's en met knobblies, so van die huis en terug was dit 135km , daai klim in die middel en baie sterk wind.

Die wat wil weet waar dit is?

CLASSIFIED INFO :-)

LOL Pops, I think the only reason it took so long to climb was because the "gees" had left us. I reacon we'll go up there much quicker on the road bikes.

My bene was gister lekka lam. Ek en Henning het so 100km weer gedoen, maar baie rustig. Ek kort rus, baie rus, roll on Christmas.

Buff, daai paartie saterdagaand en die bottel pinotage wat Hagar my gegee het, het meer uit my lyf gehaal as die saterdag se training ride.

Sorry dat ek julle gister gedrop het, ek was besig om druiwe vergiftiging tee te werk :-)

Dis nie hoe vinnig ons die bult klim, dis meer hoe lank daai bult is. :-)popeye2007-12-10 02:36:33

waar is die klim>?

Maybe the mast above Sir Lowry's Pass?  You can get to it by hopping the gate and following the tar road from the the Grabouw forestry area.  Just don't forget about the gate on the way down, because it's hard to stop in time if you're really flying down there.

waar is die klim>?

Maybe the mast above Sir Lowry's Pass?  You can get to it by hopping the gate and following the tar road from the the Grabouw forestry area.  Just don't forget about the gate on the way down' date=' because it's hard to stop in time if you're really flying down there.

[/quote']

Mind you, that dip in the middle of the profile looks wrong, and I think the Sir Lowry's Pass mast is higher than that too.

Don't worry about it Pops, I understand excactly what it feels like, no need to explain LOL.

That's a stunning climb when the weather behaves itself. Next time we tackle Bainskloof.

Bainskloof is 'n baie maklikker klim. Ek dink ek , FanD en BMC het daar al 40km/h op geklim van daai draai waar die water bruggie is.

Dis B/Kloof se klim:

20071210_024935_999.JPG

the ride is about 135k's , now on a mtb, thats far, so, company is good. It helps you keep going and make sure you dont turn around when gatvol.

thats why its important to train with guys who train for the same goal. no use in training with guys who (at this stage) just ride because its the right thing to do.

we have some sort of training plan, which zonne's we going to train in, etc.

thats why we prefer guys who now ride with the mtb's, because the distances is long, but the zonne's should be around 70%.. base training. speed is not important at all.

popeye2007-12-10 03:02:03

hard tail mtb ok?

python tyres ok?

i have never done more than 128km in one day on a mtb...

(but maybe the sand of the lighthouse to lighthouse makes that 100km close to 200km in effort!)