Question for CWC Online

101SCC

Cool now that the whole CWC thing has been not only completely sidetracked but also settled let's get back to coffee...Chris not sure if it's the place that you were referring to in SSW but that roastery / beanery vibe at Lourensford is pretty good and worth a look.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool now that the whole CWC thing has been not only completely sidetracked but also settled let's get back to coffee...Chris not sure if it's the place that you were referring to in SSW but that roastery / beanery vibe at Lourensford is pretty good and worth a look.

speaking of which, have you been that the one at the mall, next to waltons ?? they do their roasting off solar panels .... the place always smells great

Dear CWC Online,

I follow you on twitter as CWC Online is at the forefront of competitive pricing in our local market.

I have bought from you both online and in store. I know you have a massive following on the hubSA and I know you generally respond to questions posed to you on this forum. Which is why I have come here vs wasting your time with a phone call.

Yesterday, you made a twitter remark that We should support Coffee Republic, because they SUPPORT Cycling.

Please elaborate on how they support the sport?

I am involved in the coffee industry and would like to know how they have got involved in supporting cyclists? I am always looking to expand on my involvement, so am very interested to know.

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers

I reckon you could find at least 300 people on thehub wanting sponsorship for their team.

Is your message an offer?

Starbucks came in as "we proudly brew, Starbucks" a separate division to Starbucks Retail.

Chatted to them a couple of weeks back and the assured me they will enter South Africa, but no time frame was given.

Hope that helps with the Egg Nog Craving!

Thanks for that update :thumbup: Those proudly brewed shops were shite anyway. Seems the UK's high street shop invasion is on the way.

Hallo 101SCC

Thanks for your question. Coffee Republic is new in SA and we are the 1st cycle store to have them on our floor. We have just done a deal whereby they will have space on or new CWC online kit and we will soon make an announcement regarding more sponsorship from their side.

Hope that this is what you wanted to hear from our side.

Thanks, it was, and has clarified that they have not as YET supported cycling as you say. But, will endeavor to do so in the future.

Cheers

I reckon you could find at least 300 people on thehub wanting sponsorship for their team.

Is your message an offer?

Hey Eldron,

As all business goes, sponsorship must yield a return. We have chosen to try and sponsor Coffee at races. Some organisers have been great (Joberg2C) others downright greedy.

As for riders, we do try and put a team into the rides we sponsor and sponsor a local group here in Cape Town.

Cheers

Hey Eldron,

As all business goes, sponsorship must yield a return. We have chosen to try and sponsor Coffee at races. Some organisers have been great (Joberg2C) others downright greedy.

As for riders, we do try and put a team into the rides we sponsor and sponsor a local group here in Cape Town.

Cheers

Awesome - great to hear!

Coffee and cycling is a fine marketing match - we don't call them coffee rides for nothing...

Speaking of which - it's coffee time. Alas our company only has the Nespresso style coffee but it certainly hits the spot until I can get home to the good stuff.

Go on - mention your brand - most hubbers are addicts and you may pick up some sales...

Nope Marius, although you can't throw a Coffee Cup without hitting a Roaster in the CBD anymore...

Origins, Truth, Delux, Espresso Lab, Bean (Coming Soon), Haas, Vida...

Good times ahead for Coffee in Cape Town

Oh so work at Seattle? I see they are the coffee sponsors for J2C!

Nope Marius, although you can't throw a Coffee Cup without hitting a Roaster in the CBD anymore...

Origins, Truth, Delux, Espresso Lab, Bean (Coming Soon), Haas, Vida...

Good times ahead for Coffee in Cape Town

So you work for Seattle?! I see they are sponsoring the J2C. Check out their site: http://www.seattleco.com/

So you work for Seattle?! I see they are sponsoring the J2C. Check out their site: http://www.seattleco.com/

:thumbup:

although the seattleco.com domain is a blog site we are busy setting up. we have a store splash page at www.seattlecoffeecompany.co.za, that clicks through to a FB page.

the Roastery is Union Hand Roasted, our partners in the UK are unionroasted.com that is the 16 Buiten Street venture.

:)

:thumbup:

although the seattleco.com domain is a blog site we are busy setting up. we have a store splash page at www.seattlecoffeecompany.co.za, that clicks through to a FB page.

the Roastery is Union Hand Roasted, our partners in the UK are unionroasted.com that is the 16 Buiten Street venture.

:)

What happened to the Seattle shop in Exclusive Books @ Canal Walk?

What happened to the Seattle shop in Exclusive Books @ Canal Walk?

Not to go into to much detail, we have closed it with a view to open in Exclusive Books in April, rental remains the challenge inside the Overpriced Malls for all retailers, not including PnP, Woolworths, Edgars etc.

Exclusive are looking to downsize their mall footprints.

Dear CWC Online,

I follow you on twitter as CWC Online is at the forefront of competitive pricing in our local market.

I have bought from you both online and in store. I know you have a massive following on the hubSA and I know you generally respond to questions posed to you on this forum. Which is why I have come here vs wasting your time with a phone call.

Yesterday, you made a twitter remark that We should support Coffee Republic, because they SUPPORT Cycling.

Please elaborate on how they support the sport?

I am involved in the coffee industry and would like to know how they have got involved in supporting cyclists? I am always looking to expand on my involvement, so am very interested to know.

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers

Hopefully, this copy went directly to CWC Online as well.

In the interest of direct and fair comms. <_<

Hopefully, this copy went directly to CWC Online as well.

In the interest of direct and fair comms. <_<

He has replied to this thread as I knew he would, CWC patrols the social media world!

He has replied to this thread as I knew he would, CWC patrols the social media world!

Yeah, social media is vibrant and a big window to customers.