Question for CWC Online

101SCC

@ SLOWBEE,

Coffee Republic is a Franchise from the UK, however the local Licensee has secured it through Dubai I believe.

Has taken over the OLD Starbucks sites in SA and is about to open in Canal Walk and I see that he has a shop in CWC Mega Store.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Hairy & Tiny K

Our roastery is in Buiten Street, Cape Town.

We currently don't supply to the Public, but you are more than welcome to visit and have a coffee, Our beans are time of year / crop dependent. But we can plunge a cup of Costa Rica or whatever else has just been roasted.

"G" our roaster is always happy to talk through brewing methods for different single origins.

PM me if you would like a trip around the place.

Cheers

Rosetta?

Rosetta?

Nope Marius, although you can't throw a Coffee Cup without hitting a Roaster in the CBD anymore...

Origins, Truth, Delux, Espresso Lab, Bean There(Coming Soon), Haas, Vida...

Good times ahead for Coffee in Cape Town

Edited by 101SCC

Nope Marius, although you can't throw a Coffee Cup without hitting a Roaster in the CBD anymore...

Origins, Truth, Delux, Espresso Lab, Bean (Coming Soon), Haas, Vida...

Good times ahead for Coffee in Cape Town

And so it should be :)

@ SLOWBEE,

Coffee Republic is a Franchise from the UK, however the local Licensee has secured it through Dubai I believe.

Has taken over the OLD Starbucks sites in SA and is about to open in Canal Walk and I see that he has a shop in CWC Mega Store.

right there is the answer to your question .......

where in buiten ? can you drop in for a cuppa ? something to eat ?

@ Hairy & Tiny K

We currently don't supply to the Public, but you are more than welcome to visit and have a coffee, Our beans are time of year / crop dependent. But we can plunge a cup of Costa Rica or whatever else has just been roasted.

"G" our roaster is always happy to talk through brewing methods for different single origins.

Cheers

Dammit, your 12 blocks from me (work in the same building as Action Cycles) ... too far to walk

Nothing beats a proper roasting company - get my fix from a local Somerset West one.

@ Hairy & Tiny K

Cheers

Ah you Capetown ppl suck. But I'm sure you'll make up for it at Joberg2C! :clap: See you there!

A Slowbee

16 Buiten Street,

Drop me a PM so I can organise a visit. We will open to the public soon, waiting on a very special coffee machine!

Dammit, your 12 blocks from me (work in the same building as Action Cycles) ... too far to walk

Nothing beats a proper roasting company - get my fix from a local Somerset West one.

HaHa Chris,

We have a retail store down the rd from you, 4 Loop Street!

Pansie, bring your bike in and we can cycle there together, I intend going early next week .. I am just 3 or so blocks from you at the Cape Quarter

... I see that he has a shop in CWC Mega Store.

So is it that they support cyclists, or cyclists support them - big difference!

@ SLOWBEE,

What happened to the Starbucks franchises? :( The egg nog lattes are to die for :drool:

Starbucks came in as "we proudly brew, Starbucks" a separate division to Starbucks Retail.

Chatted to them a couple of weeks back and the assured me they will enter South Africa, but no time frame was given.

Hope that helps with the Egg Nog Craving!

I think they got it all wrong - It isn't Coffee Republic that is supporting SA cycling - it is Banana Republic that is supporting Cycling SA!

Hallo 101SCC

Thanks for your question. Coffee Republic is new in SA and we are the 1st cycle store to have them on our floor. We have just done a deal whereby they will have space on or new CWC online kit and we will soon make an announcement regarding more sponsorship from their side.

Hope that this is what you wanted to hear from our side.