Critical Mass Jozi - 27 September 2013

skidd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so im gonna get flammed for this .

BUT im loosing interest in these for one reason only , all the stopping and waiting cant we just keep moving in a slow mass ?

if you keep cruizin at a slow easy pace even the very slow can catch up cant they, the faster can go back and help push ect ....................yes no ??? am i being a ass? .

ok flame me people .

I must say when I was marshalling at one set of lights last month, the group was strung out for about 2km and took 10 traffic light changes to get thru. The cars waiting were ok for the first 5 or 6 changes . . . .

:-)

edit: As far as the speed goes, there will always be people at the front who want to race ahead. My vote is to let them go rather than try to keep up with them and concentrate on not dropping the guys at the back, who are often infrequent riders, first timers, or families. If the guys going off the front make a wrong turn or miss a turn then that's their problem, not Skidds responisbility . . . .

Edited by Bonus

How far is the route from Dunkeld?

The route start at Dunkeld?

If you meant what's the distance trip - about 42km - but its real easy pace, don't worry.

I must say when I was marshalling at one set of lights last month, the group was strung out for about 2km and took 10 traffic light changes to get thru. The cars waiting were ok for the first 5 or 6 changes . . . .

edit: As far as the speed goes, there will always be people at the front who want to race ahead. My vote is to let them go rather than try to keep up with them and concentrate on not dropping the guys at the back, who are often infrequent riders, first timers, or families. If the guys going off the front make a wrong turn or miss a turn then that's their problem, not Skidds responisbility . . . .

Seems like you are missing the point of the CM. There are enough other rides and races if this doesn't rock your boat. Go there rather! Edited by GlenGeorge

Dunkeld at 18:00? I'm in I work in Rosebank and live in Kensington so I will ride to work in the morning and after Arts on Main I will head up the hill and home.

Should be a blast

The route start at Dunkeld?

If you meant what's the distance trip - about 42km - but its real easy pace, don't worry.

Yip thats what i mean, thanks.

Thought it was 20km, that must be from braamfontein

Yip thats what i mean, thanks.

Thought it was 20km, that must be from braamfontein

well, it usually takes 3-4 hours to complete, so the avg speed is low...dont be bothered by that distance.

if that old oom on his post office bike, scarf and beard can do it, you can too.

Is there still a pizza/beer stop halfway through the ride?

Yes there is, but unfortunately this is where the ride usually falls to pieces as one half of the group wants to eat and drink, and the others head home after the 1hr stop....

well, it usually takes 3-4 hours to complete, so the avg speed is low...dont be bothered by that distance.

if that old oom on his post office bike, scarf and beard can do it, you can too.

I'm not that old, young man....

I'm not that old, young man....

if you are old enough to be my oom, then you are THAT old.

Tough job. Jumping red lights irks me but I cant see an amicable way of keeping the ride flowing and satisfying motorists. Maybe more marshalls at an intersection and hand out some flyers or something. So many curious bystanders.

Yes there is, but unfortunately this is where the ride usually falls to pieces as one half of the group wants to eat and drink, and the others head home after the 1hr stop....

Yeah. Puts me off riding the mass. I'll join when the stop is at the end of the ride.

What time does the Dunkeld group start?

18:00'ish - the hordes come in from 17:00 already and enjoy n cup at Fourno's**