Bike fitting: ergofit2 vs competitive cyclist

orbeaorca

I had a bike fitting done with ergofit2 and the recommendation is that my seatpost height should be 2.5cm higher than i normally ride. i pushed it half this amount on sat and found that i my legs were really sore after the ride. i however did not feel overstretched.

Must i persist and do some stretching and hopefully it will settle?

i did the competitive cyclist fitting and it projected that i should lift my seat 5-6mm which is still 2cm less than ergofit.

what to do? I did the one tonner with my old setting and i was fine legs was just a bit busted at 130 but it stands to reason.

I had a bike fitting done with ergofit2 and the recommendation is that my seatpost height should be 2.5cm higher than i normally ride. i pushed it half this amount on sat and found that i my legs were really sore after the ride. i however did not feel overstretched.

Must i persist and do some stretching and hopefully it will settle?

i did the competitive cyclist fitting and it projected that i should lift my seat 5-6mm which is still 2cm less than ergofit.

what to do? I did the one tonner with my old setting and i was fine legs was just a bit busted at 130 but it stands to reason.

There is a reason for that, your legs isn't used to being stretched out fully, so your hamstring, etc will feel it.....I had that setup done and struggled for about a week....after that my cycling improved tremendously. I don't look back at all....but one thing they must make this compulsory at bike shops, that way people won't end up buying bikes that is to big for them!!

Change it back....don't be a brat now :D

+1 MTB_Roadie. I'm lucky in that I've found almost the right setting for me, but I witnessed an Ergofit session the other day and can truly say it is worth it. I'm going to be getting one of those for myself sometime soon...

+1 MTB_Roadie. I'm lucky in that I've found almost the right setting for me, but I witnessed an Ergofit session the other day and can truly say it is worth it. I'm going to be getting one of those for myself sometime soon...

I went to Renay Groustra....he did a awesome job! Go for the ErgoMax though, best money spend

There is a reason for that, your legs isn't used to being stretched out fully, so your hamstring, etc will feel it.....I had that setup done and struggled for about a week....after that my cycling improved tremendously. I don't look back at all....but one thing they must make this compulsory at bike shops, that way people won't end up buying bikes that is to big for them!!

Change it back....don't be a brat now :D

Thanks you answered my question that it will be a bit Eina. I went for a 80km ride and my legs were feeling better than on sat ride. I will in next week lift it up a bit more.

I went to Renay Groustra....he did a awesome job! Go for the ErgoMax though, best money spend

Yeah, Renay is the guy I'd be going to as well. He operates out of Epic Bike Shop now... And is less than a k away from my place...

Thanks you answered my question that it will be a bit Eina. I went for a 80km ride and my legs were feeling better than on sat ride. I will in next week lift it up a bit more.

Don't lift it more and more....just lift it to where it should be and get it over with. I started with the full setup and it worked well....otherwise what is the point of being in pain every time you lift it a bit more? Don't question the setup, just do it

Don't lift it more and more....just lift it to where it should be and get it over with. I started with the full setup and it worked well....otherwise what is the point of being in pain every time you lift it a bit more? Don't question the setup, just do it

Agreed. Otherwise what is the point of paying for the fitting?

It's like buying a new car, but swapping a panel of your existing car for a panel of the new car, week by week. It'll hurt far more than it will solve.

What does epic charge, I was looking at going to have it done at the sport science institute.

If there are big changes to your set up, they should be done a little bit at a time.

You could injure yourself if you make several big changes at once.

What does epic charge, I was looking at going to have it done at the sport science institute.

http://renayg.wordpress.com/ergofit/

ErgoFiT costs R 350

ErgoMAX costs R 550 (includes ErgoFit)

For two bikes a discount is available. (MTB and Road)

Bookings can be made via e-mail at renaygroustra@yahoo.com. Set ups are done at 39 Constantia Road, Cape Town (Epic Bike shop).

(I imagine that Jeroen charges the same @ SSISA, but he is pretty busy and difficult to get an appointment with)

If there are big changes to your set up, they should be done a little bit at a time.

You could injure yourself if you make several big changes at once.

Disagree.

Remember this is done via a scientific computerised program that works out your setup according to your flexibility, length, etc....so so you won't really be left in pain, some muscles will stretch a bit as they will be working like they should for their full potential. if you suffer from heavy back pain then you know it is a lack of core muscles or something else.

My saddle was lifted with around 3cm, stem was moved, etc. Had it all done at one go, that is why you do the setup. Rather get it all done at once and be in pain for about 3 rides max. I went for a 100km cycle the next day and actually felt really good, legs were sore due to them stretching further but overall it felt very good and comfortable.

Give Renay a call at Epic, if i heard correct the other day he done around 200 of them, so clearly it works....

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Jeroen say that Renay is the best fitter there is (after him of course)

I had mine done over a year ago (not by them .... bridge does it as well)and best money ever spent. I think its time i go and have anew fitting done :)........ Flexibility,riding style change so its just appropriate to have it checked and setup up again.

Saddle height......... does seem high in the beginning but just trust it........ the legs will feel the difference (knees especially)

:thumbup:

Contact Number for Renay : 082 748 5120