Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

18 Months for me. My partner has made almost 2 years (its quite motivational to see your father die from lung cancer I think!). Another friend has quit for about 2 months and I am working on another mate trying to get him to stop (especially as he smokes the cheap and nasty crap and sounds like he is 70 and not 35!).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 Months for me. My partner has made almost 2 years (its quite motivational to see your father die from lung cancer I think!). Another friend has quit for about 2 months and I am working on another mate trying to get him to stop (especially as he smokes the cheap and nasty crap and sounds like he is 70 and not 35!).

Well done - Mojoman. My wife has stopped for seven years now and got the most incredible cravings when we were in Knysna now for the MTB races, she managed to get through with some effort though.

Well done - Mojoman. My wife has stopped for seven years now and got the most incredible cravings when we were in Knysna now for the MTB races, she managed to get through with some effort though.

Ja, they say you have to realise you are an 'addict' and will have cravings all through your life after quitting.

^ true, the rubbish is very addictive. This is why its still around; and only for that reason. There is after all, no real reason to smoke.

Ja, they say you have to realise you are an 'addict' and will have cravings all through your life after quitting.

Once you start to smoke you will never again be a non-smoker

Once you quit, you can only ever be an ex-smoker.

• 1 month later...

So, who has given up? How is that going?

Who is still smoking?

Just over 1 year since I quit :thumbup:

I stopped Sunday night, back on at 3:05pm yesterday. Doh.

Who is still smoking?

I have put over R15K into cycling instead of smoking :)

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I know, I know - Just didn't expect to have my wife being made redundent yesterday, got the call at 3.00pm. So stressed at the moment :( I will get there eventually. :)

Still not smoking, busy annoying friends who still smoke ( and they love the cheap rubbish, Goals, Dullahs etc!), got my sis to quit though so thats something.

I know, I know - Just didn't expect to have my wife being made redundent yesterday, got the call at 3.00pm. So stressed at the moment :( I will get there eventually. :)

You will stop when the time is right for you. Just don't forget about quitting when the good times roll around.

Keep on trying

Keep on trying

Thanks, It will happen :thumbup:

I did save about R4000 when I had stopped for 4-5 months, I say save, I mean saved the money to spend on cycling gear & equipment.

Who is still smoking?

gave up years ago.

Remember two things when trying to give up:

1. Just one puff will see you back on the weed, and

2. a smoker thinks about quitting a lot more than an ex smoker thinks about having a cig

oh, and give up when you WANT to give up, else you will fail