Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

No, no, no.

Come to Jo'Burg, come and ride with us, you will soon not worry about the weight.

Covie - stop the smoking now? :lol: Then ride to Joburg to hook up with Dingle Dangle and then ride with them for a week then ride back to Cape Town, you will have stopped the smoking and not put weight on

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Covie - stop the smoking now? :lol: Then ride to Joburg to hook up with Dingle Dangle and then ride with them for a week then ride back to Cape Town, you will have stopped the smoking and not put weight on

Awesome plan, and also bring your running shoes :D :D

I'll just come straight to Joburg(on a plane or by car) - Give you some motivation as well. :P

We will also only come if you teach us too run like yourself? ;)

Not too difficult, I run funny, just look at my avatar :lol:

We all know you dont run, more like run skip run skip :lol: :P

Hmmm, the most I ever managed was 9 months. Then lots of stress and irritation: "I'll just get one at the cafe". Hooked again. As we say in AA, "One is too much, and a thousand never enough".

Nicotine is more addictive than heroine. I've tried Smokenders twice, the Alan Carr book, Zyban, acupuncture, and every other book out there.

Giving up alcohol was easy by comparison. (On which subject: it's not how much you drink, it's what it does to you. An alcoholic need not drink every day. Some do; others like me are/were binge drinkers. If you suspect that drinking is making your life unmanageable, go to http://www.aasouthafrica.org.za)

And when you come to JHB it will not matter that you stopped smoking . All the fresh clean air here !!!!

I suspect sucking exausht fumes from a 1982 Nissan skyline would be healthier than breathing Joburg air.

And when you come to JHB it will not matter that you stopped smoking . All the fresh clean air here !!!!

So true - maybe we meet half way, somewhere with clean air. :lol: Another reason not to live in Joburg -Gosh I would have been smoking more like 40 a day then. Dont know how people cope with it :unsure:

Hmmm, the most I ever managed was 9 months. Then lots of stress and irritation: "I'll just get one at the cafe". Hooked again. As we say in AA, "One is too much, and a thousand never enough".

Nicotine is more addictive than heroine. I've tried Smokenders twice, the Alan Carr book, Zyban, acupuncture, and every other book out there.

Giving up alcohol was easy by comparison. (On which subject: it's not how much you drink, it's what it does to you. An alcoholic need not drink every day. Some do; others like me are/were binge drinkers. If you suspect that drinking is making your life unmanageable, go to http://www.aasouthafrica.org.za)

So true :(

Ok its now been over three weeks of not smoking :D I feel fantastic, The only thing now is I'm suffering from some sort of sleep depravation/disorder <_< . I slept fine before I stopped. I've been eating better and training more, yet i'm still having trouble sleeping. So much so I was hallucinating :blink: the other day through lack of sleep. What could be causing this? Im not eating any junk food, drinking lots of water yet Im lucky if I get 3/4 hrs decent sleep in a night.

Take last night for example, maybe it was my fault a bit,I had a nap at 4 - 5pm from being so tired from the previous night. I had a homemade bannana, strawberry & peanut butter smoothie at 5pm, had salad rolls for dinner at 6.30pm and then a few sips of my wifes can of coke(i've been drinking water & fresh juice only) and I also had my first choclate bar(bar one)in three weeks at about 9.30pm. I had no coffee either, yet I dont think Ive slept all night - Its driving me crazy, as its making me too tired to train & ride, I feel exhausted all the time.

Before I stopped smoking I slept fine, so Im pretty sure its not something else thats suddenly causing this sleep deprevation this. :unsure: I've thought of maybe taking a quater of a sleeping tablet, but not sure its a good idea as they kinda space you out.Any ideas or reasons would greatly be appreciated :)

Go to your doc ask for Sandoz 10mg sleeping tabs, all they do is just help you get to sleep within 30 mins of falling asleep they basically work out and you sleep and wakeup as normal, no drowziness etc.

I am a born insomniac with and use to sleep very little if at all, used those babies on 10 day stints to re tune my biological clock and now i pass out everynight at 10ish. (use to fall asleep between 2-3am and wake up at 5am.

Go to your doc ask for Sandoz 10mg sleeping tabs, all they do is just help you get to sleep within 30 mins of falling asleep they basically work out and you sleep and wakeup as normal, no drowziness etc.

I am a born insomniac with and use to sleep very little if at all, used those babies on 10 day stints to re tune my biological clock and now i pass out everynight at 10ish. (use to fall asleep between 2-3am and wake up at 5am.

Cheers , will do tomorrow. ;) So you reckon no drowziness side effects, god I took a half a somnil and was wired for two days :(

No drowziness at all, if you drop one and you activate your mind by work or something stimulating they wont even put you to sleep. I needed something like this since i support a whole bunch of overseas companies on different timelines.

You drop one go to bed and just relax, dont even read a book. They just switch off your mind for long enough for you to fall asleep.

No drowziness at all, if you drop one and you activate your mind by work or something stimulating they wont even put you to sleep. I needed something like this since i support a whole bunch of overseas companies on different timelines.

You drop one go to bed and just relax, dont even read a book. They just switch off your mind for long enough for you to fall asleep.

Thats exactly what I need :D Are you a computer nerd ;)