Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been over 5 weeks now of being non/ex smoker:D - Feel great. Its happy days and plain sailing from here on out I can only hope:unsure:

Its been over 5 weeks now of being non/ex smoker:D - Feel great. Its happy days and plain sailing from here on out I can only hope:unsure:

7 for me on Tuesday, gets easier and easier. And I lost 7kg

• 1 month later...

Woooooo hooooooo - That makes today two months of being a Non - Smoker. Life is great :clap: :clap: :clap: Almost back to my best shape ever :)

Woooooo hooooooo - That makes today two months of being a Non - Smoker. Life is great :clap: :clap: :clap: Almost back to my best shape ever :)

Well done (you mean cigarettes or crack)

Just over 2.5 months for me and my girlfriend. Actually, I am going to log on the Discovery site now and fill in a non smoking declaration

I am feeling healthy, started cycling and have lost weight - amazing what a healthy lifesyle can do

This is from the terms and conditions of the Discovery Vitality non smoking declaration

I do not smoke and have not smoked (any tobacco products regularly or occasionally) within the last two and a half months

So it's ok to smoke dope?

Well done (you mean cigarettes or crack)

Just over 2.5 months for me and my girlfriend. Actually, I am going to log on the Discovery site now and fill in a non smoking declaration

I am feeling healthy, started cycling and have lost weight - amazing what a healthy lifesyle can do

I did that, got a 5000 point bonus ;) No crack for me thankfully :lol: . just the ciggies. Good work for you too

I did that, got a 5000 point bonus ;) No crack for me thankfully :lol: . just the ciggies. Good work for you too

Naughty, you supposed to wait 2.5 months

I am going for the fitness assesment on Tuesday - hopefully as close to 15000 points as possible - not sure what they expect out of me for the 7500 bonus points??

A strange thing is now the Dutch Government has reversed its ban of a full smoking ban in certain pubs, It could start a slow reversal of the laws, where smoking will be allowed in certain places.

I am glad I quit 10 months ago, it means that come 31 Dec I can come up with a different New Year's resolution!

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking forward to kicking htis habit. Know that my body is going to be in for a shock, but that is just my bodys way of getting rid of the poison I have been feeding into it for soo many years :(

As of an hour ago, I am NO LONGER A SMOKER :clap: :clap: I am NOT putting poison back into my body!!

Thank to ALL for all the great advice and heres to actually been able to breath properly again, make it up those hills without getting my HR into the high 90%'s, enjoying my family and kids again, not being tired all the time and just enjoying being free of that terrible smell!!!! :thumbup:

I am looking forward to kicking htis habit. Know that my body is going to be in for a shock, but that is just my bodys way of getting rid of the poison I have been feeding into it for soo many years :(

As of an hour ago, I am NO LONGER A SMOKER :clap: :clap: I am NOT putting poison back into my body!!

Thank to ALL for all the great advice and heres to actually been able to breath properly again, make it up those hills without getting my HR into the high 90%'s, enjoying my family and kids again, not being tired all the time and just enjoying being free of that terrible smell!!!! :thumbup:

Welcome to the Non Smoking club - Get ready to enjoy the benefits