Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Congrats every one. I'm doing my first longish(hoping for 70+) cycle this weekend after quitting, hoping it will go better :D

Edited by BioMouse

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats every one. I'm doing my first longish(hoping for 70+) cycle this weekend after quitting, hoping it will go better :D

Awesome, smash it :thumbup:

So I have my Champix. What now? Do you smoke for the first two weeks and them quit?

Did the doc not explain it to you? You start taking it, set yourself a Stop day, best to be after taking the Champix for a week, could be more if you feel like it, I did a week. You carry on smoking during this time, you will notice that your cravings will slowly start to disappear and you should start to not smoke as many as you would normally do, then you get to your stop day, and you stop. Easy Peasy :thumbup: With the Champix in your system, it stems the cravings, they will be there, but this is where your own willpower comes into play.

Best to take it on a full stomach, as mentioned it makes you kinda nauseous, thats differs from person to person. The nausea will go away after a while maybe an hour or so.

Good Luck :thumbup:

No I just phoned in for a script. Thank you! Im amped to start.

Jeez, I tried that, and was told NO, you have to come in as its a schedule 4 drug.

Anywho, tomorrow is always a good time. That way by next weekend you have stoppd for the weekend. Bear in mind that this aint no "wonder" pill, it still takes determination & loads of willpower. I just found it certainly made it easier then the last time. I would recommend changing your daily routine a bit in the run up to your d-day. Just makes it easier, in my opinion

Jeez, I tried that, and was told NO, you have to come in as its a schedule 4 drug.

Anywho, tomorrow is always a good time. That way by next weekend you have stoppd for the weekend. Bear in mind that this aint no "wonder" pill, it still takes determination & loads of willpower. I just found it certainly made it easier then the last time. I would recommend changing your daily routine a bit in the run up to your d-day. Just makes it easier, in my opinion

We speak about me quitting each time I go mabey thats why he did it. Me and my fiance are diong it together this time so it wont be just me. Last time I quit it was just me and that was tough but I managed for 8 months. I fully understand the whole want to quit thing and Im really keen. Were going to start the course on the first of nex month. I'll take the pills with breakfast and dinner then. Thanks for the help, I do appriciate it.

We speak about me quitting each time I go mabey thats why he did it. Me and my fiance are diong it together this time so it wont be just me. Last time I quit it was just me and that was tough but I managed for 8 months. I fully understand the whole want to quit thing and Im really keen. Were going to start the course on the first of nex month. I'll take the pills with breakfast and dinner then. Thanks for the help, I do appriciate it.

All good :thumbup: My missus is over the moon now that I've stopped, again. She has never smoked. I;m really amped for my first ride not having been smoking for 6 days by tomorrow. I must say, I have had trouble sleeping, I did the last time, so I don't think its the Champix. Its been great having this thread, I must admit it has certainly helped. Like an AA for smokers, lol.

WELL DONE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL You are ALLL Brilliant :) This thread helped me as well... and its now 1 year and 5 days SMOKE FREE!!! You WILL see an improvement in your health and your riding :) THE best thing you could ever do :) BEST of luck...

All good :thumbup: My missus is over the moon now that I've stopped, again. She has never smoked. I;m really amped for my first ride not having been smoking for 6 days by tomorrow. I must say, I have had trouble sleeping, I did the last time, so I don't think its the Champix. Its been great having this thread, I must admit it has certainly helped. Like an AA for smokers, lol.

dude - you'll have trouble sleeping - especially if you are a coffee drinker - suddenly caffeine has way more effect...and wait for those weird dreams where you wake up convinced you had a cigarette :D....but it doesn't last long

dude - you'll have trouble sleeping - especially if you are a coffee drinker - suddenly caffeine has way more effect...and wait for those weird dreams where you wake up convinced you had a cigarette :D....but it doesn't last long

I've had to cut back the coffee big time, have not really slept in days now :wacko:

Ha ha! I'm still having those smoking dreams! Can't believe how little sleep I need these days though.

@ Caerus - hmmmm, the next time I see you at gym, I'm going to sniff you and make sure I don't smell smoke on you.

You have been warned, I'll be sniffing...

And none of this sneaking past me again!!!

;)

The thread is encouraging! Good luck with the ride! Let us know how it went! I hope we dont have issues with sleeping, I'll definately have to cut down on the coffee then, of just ride every day. Thanks guys and keep it up!

That makes it a week of NO smoking now :clap: Hopefully over the worst of it, even had a beer last night and did not even think of having a ciggie. Sleeping patterns are still all screwed up and my first ride yesterday after not smoking was not that great :unsure: , so tired after barely sleeping all week.

Now I can call myself an ex-smoker :mellow:

That makes it a week of NO smoking now :clap: Hopefully over the worst of it, even had a beer last night and did not even think of having a ciggie. Sleeping patterns are still all screwed up and my first ride yesterday after not smoking was not that great :unsure: , so tired after barely sleeping all week.

Now I can call myself an ex-smoker :mellow:

And now you will realise just how much it stinks!