Whats the worst that can happen

Mada3400

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup! outside foot down is the best way to get grip! only time I have trouble with it is when trying to take switchbacks fast. There's often not enough time to keep swapping pedal positions.

Yup. Best to tuck that seat waaaaaaay down low for quick direction changes.

Step 1: Put your short stem on that 200mm stem is stupid.

Step 2: Get some 5.10's so your feet don't fall off pedals.

Step 3: Get some spikey flat pedals so your feet stay planted.

Step 4: Wider bars your little 520mm bars are very unstable you need some bars at least 710cm wide.

Step 5: Get a Shock pump and harden your fork.

... riding with my friends on Eselfontein two times a week ...

After my experience last weekend I can only say "windgat"!! drool.gif

Step 1: Put your short stem on that 200mm stem is stupid.

Step 2: Get some 5.10's so your feet don't fall off pedals.

Step 3: Get some spikey flat pedals so your feet stay planted.

Step 4: Wider bars your little 520mm bars are very unstable you need some bars at least 710cm wide.

Step 5: Get a Shock pump and harden your fork.

710cm! damn, those are wide! Go Go Gadget Bar Grippers! Do you attach chainsaws to the ends so you don't have to worry about encroaching trees?

710 ? Bit narrow i reckon. Go for the full 780 mm boo bars like myself. If you are small you will look like a harley rider though . . .

710cm! damn, those are wide! Go Go Gadget Bar Grippers! Do you attach chainsaws to the ends so you don't have to worry about encroaching trees?

hahahahaha classic chirp .... but dont knock it till you've tried it! My XC bike and my DH bike both have 750mm wide bars ... and ive only ever clipped one tree!

If you ride correctly you should never clip a tree with your bars. Mayhem ... get a set of 710's and put them on your GT DHI! Trust me .. you wont look back

hahahahaha classic chirp .... but dont knock it till you've tried it! My XC bike and my DH bike both have 750mm wide bars ... and ive only ever clipped one tree!

If you ride correctly you should never clip a tree with your bars. Mayhem ... get a set of 710's and put them on your GT DHI! Trust me .. you wont look back

Hahah!! 2 down, how many to go...

I've got some 780mm Boo's on my GT. Need to get the same for the XC bike, I reckon. And no, I don't hit the trees.

went to tokai yesterday, only remembered some of the things everyone told me (momentum is your friend etc.) and it was very helpful, i also put a shorter stem on my bike and that also made a difference, the only time i crashed was when my foot came off the pedal on some jeeptrack, got a nice roasty and messed up my brake, which is a bit annoying. thanks for all the advise, it really genuinely made a difference

Mada... you weren't perhaps the lucky bum who took ownership of that Ndiza that was for sale here last week?

Mada, I can relate

I went to ride with some mates at Delvera, new to the cycling scene, new to clip in pedals. :D

Not fair! Delvera as a first for anything is a bit rough. Do you guys ever attend any of the skills clinics?

Not fair! Delvera as a first for anything is a bit rough. Do you guys ever attend any of the skills clinics?

Well, I went with mates who are suppose to tell you Delvera is a bit rough. I have had that response a couple of times.

Haven't gotten to a skills clinic yet. I have been planning to, but twice they were full and on other occasions I just couldn't make it. With the road season being in full swing now, it will need to wait till next year. :D

Will you guys be keen if I organize one? Very basic stuff. Rolling rocks / roots, cornering, balance, grip and some set-up and tech talk?