What size compressor

Flea

The problem with a bomb is that it affects some of the latex so you need to add that later? I never know which manufacturers latex is affected and which is not, but the one time I had a sidewall cut, I used a bomb and the latex came out like a ball of plastic.

I have not ttried a 4x4 compressor, but the small ones you get for a car give less air than a foot-pump.

I suppose being a guy yo

U like to buy tools hoping that you use them for something else one-day - like clean a car air filter, spray paint something.... What else would you use a compressor for?

I suppose being a guy yo

U like to buy tools hoping that you use them for something else one-day - like clean a car air filter, spray paint something.... What else would you use a compressor for?

Air tools like nail guns, drills and sanders.

Main problem is seating the beads - bomb will do that. You need to do that anyway, before adding sealant, as if you can't get the beads to seat without sealant, they won't seal if you do have sealant. Then you've wasted sealant, and have a mess to clean up.

So bomb it, get the beads to seat, undo valve, add sealant and then a floor pump should do the job as the beads are already seated. If a floor pump won't cut it, then the 4x4 pump should.

The trick is to put the valve at either the top, or the bottom, and then push down on the tyre - for some reason that helps the beads to seal and you can hear them as the seal from the top and bottom around the rim.

If you want a compressor to do other stuff than pumping tyres or maybe airbrushing, then you need a serious one and it's a bit hard to justify paying that cash unless you really are going to spray that car or use those air tools.

If you have a scuba tank with a regulator set up, just go to any dive shop and pick up a tyre inflator valve, about 160 bucks I think, it has an attachment which fits to your free reg hose and you have a constant 9 bars of pressure on hand.

I have a small 50 litre compressor I use for some air tools and the odd spraypaint job, but I just use my scuba tank to inflate tyres and most other stuff.