Cricket......

E1A104

He's leaving it a bit late... he'll be 35 this year.

yip, you're right.  i forgot his age counts against him (or, rather, his late selection does).  

Let's hope his eyes hold.

Perhaps we should promote Behardien to the top of the order, like his promotion to capt of the T20 side? [joke]

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we should promote Behardien to the top of the order, like his promotion to capt of the T20 side? [joke]

The one player that I can't understand how he got into the squad let alone keep his place.

The guy averages 41 and only played 15 innings to date. As an opener you'll get good balls that will dismiss you, but when you get in, you need to go big (probably 1 in 4 innings for a good opener). His technique is very sound, so I'd be more inclined to stick with him for a bit. No one on the domestic scene comes to mind as an obvious replacement. It would help if we could see some local action to assess the young talent out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He actually didn't nick it this morning, would have been clearly not out if he went DRS.

I don't think his technique is that great, doesn't move his feet early enough - the aussies sure worked that out quickly. Seems to work for him, if you look at the numbers, but it definitely aint pretty.

However, he has banged on the door for long enough to be given the chance. What counts against him is that due to his age any prolonged slump of form will probably mean the end of his (short) test career.

OUT!

Just didn't get to the pitch of the spinning ball when he went airborne

193/4

Lead by 160

Two cheap wickets

So-so lead

NZ has an advantage although they will get batting last on a responsive pitch

South Africa's AB de Villiers has displaced Australia's David Warner at the top of the ICC rankings for ODI batsmen. This the tenth time de Villiers has climbed to the top since 2010 - when he first went to No. 1 - and this latest stint comes after he top scored in the recently concluded series in New Zealand.

He's leaving it a bit late... he'll be 35 this year.

I don't think he left anything late... The selectors on the other hand.... And the mysterious "cook" politics

Really disappointed because he is a class player

He's got the goods

With Elgar firing, it shines the light on his poor performances ????

Edited by 'Dale

Offspinner Dane Piedt has been called up to South Africa's Test squad as an additional spin option. Piedt is awaiting approval of his visa and is expected to join the group this weekend, with a view to be considered for the third Test in Hamilton starting March 25.

Piedt has been preferred to Tabraiz Shamsi, who was taken on South Africa's Test tour to Australia and played in the day-night Test in Adelaide, and Imran Tahir, who has not played a Test since 2015.

Cric info