Cricket......

E1A104

Proteas are playing the most boring kind of cricket. Just block and Block and Block. Why dont they just go out with a bang and start playing shots.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proteas are playing the most boring kind of cricket. Just block and Block and Block. Why dont they just go out with a bang and start playing shots.

Do you understand that there are 3 results in test.

A draw from here for SA is almost as good as a win and the same as a loss for the Ausies.

One of the biggest upsets against Australia was when we managed to draw in Perth.

It was a phenomenal effort as this will be if we get it right.

Do you understand that there are 3 results in test.

A draw from here for SA is almost as good as a win and the same as a loss for the Ausies.

One of the biggest upsets against Australia was when we managed to draw in Perth.

It was a phenomenal effort as this will be if we get it right.

adelaide 2012 actually, but otherwise spot on. It was of course Faf's debut and the scene of AB's best ever 33(off 250 balls). this is test cricket, and it's awesome. good on ya kyle abbot for applying to the task. Really starting to piss off the aussies now, who have taken to throwing the ball at him for no reason.

been said before, but 3 tests is not even enough. Would love a full 5 series with these two teams, might even get a close one.

adelaide 2012 actually, but otherwise spot on. It was of course Faf's debut and the scene of AB's best ever 33(off 250 balls). this is test cricket, and it's awesome. good on ya kyle abbot for applying to the task. Really starting to piss off the aussies now, who have taken to throwing the ball at him for no reason.

been said before, but 3 tests is not even enough. Would love a full 5 series with these two teams, might even get a close one.

Right you are,

Wasn't thinking straight.

I remember watching guys like Lara and before him Greenridge and Hayes.

Lara would try bat for 5 days just to show that he could,

Test cricket wasn't about winning but rather showing your resilience and being better than the others.

it wasn't unexpected that all the Biff haters would jump up and down when he retired, but good to see some positive comment coming from around the world(where he is reverred by most)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/03/05/graeme-smith-retires-respect-sought-respect-won/

I forgot how young Hansie was when he took the mantle.

I'd like Hash to take the job, i don't think he would but he could be the best man for it.

And Abbott goes.

Interesting fact,

Longest innings by an individual is 847 balls.

I would like Hash to take the job as well,

but he turned it down last time.

Does anyone remember that Smith actually asked to have the captaincy taken back in 2007.

The team and management begged him to keep it.

On that note does anyone know the real reason why we don't play more tests as before?

I'm guessing you're looking for a more sophisticated answer than 'money'?

Doesnt Matter. Its still Boring.. Just play some shots.

Too much ODI / T20 diet for you, Lexx

This is Test cricket at its brilliant best.

Dull on the eye, brilliant on the mind

Then watch T20,

This is Test cricket at its best IMO and most cricket pundits as well.

There are a few reasons for less tests this year,

one being the T20 world cup,

This year also leads into the Limited overs world cup next year

Then and this is a big factor,

we got paid off to allow Aus/Eng/India to run the show and they all get preference so we get left out in the cold.

This oke takes the mantle for the 'i' word being thrown around yesterday.

don't worry tjaaina, IPL14 is just round the corner, I hear shah ruk khan has got some HAWT go go girls this year for the royal indian punjabi whatchamacallits.