Cricket......

E1A104

Haha...agree, but you have to remember that these guys do it out of passion and that its not their job. Then again over the years they could have added a song or two. luckily they did not choose to play the vuvuzela

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but there must be some admiration for the way selectors backed him all the way. With the series not really in doubt they may have been tempted to either bring in Hendricks or to move up van Zyl to the opening berth. 

agreed, I also think with a few big names leaving the team in the past 18 months they wanted some consistency upfront. Biff retiring kept alviro in the team for a bit longer. Interesting to see he started his career with a century, and ended it with a duck.

I've said it before, but really don't like AB as the regular keeper  - we've got plenty of other options and need to keep him playing for as long as possible. but in saying that, what about the genuine possibility of having 2 keepers in the starting lineup? Imagine QdK and AB rotating keeping during the innings - keep for half a session each. it's a really draining job and this would keep them both on their toes.

It would be better if the band can increase their repertoire. It seems like they only play about 5 songs. Imagine hearing the same tunes 160 times in 5 days?!

They dont play continuously, you probably only hear the same song 5 times a day, which is on par with most radio stations!

They dont play continuously, you probably only hear the same song 5 times a day, which is on par with most radio stations!

Which is why I listen to my own music in the car (apart from when the cricket is on and I have to drive somewhere, then I'm dialed into radio 2000). Hearing the same song 25 times in 5 days is enough to drive anyone of moderate intelligence nuts.

Justin Ontong now in ODI squad .... Would've thought we have younger guys to give exposure ..

you don't give exposure the month before a world cup...you go with the tried and tested backup, he's been knocking on the door last two seasons.

you'll also probably see morne van wyk keeping during this series too, also 35.

you don't give exposure the month before a world cup...you go with the tried and tested backup, he's been knocking on the door last two seasons.

you'll also probably see morne van wyk keeping during this series too, also 35.

Ontong not in WC squad so what is the benefit of giving him the chance of a few games against WI?

Ontong not in WC squad so what is the benefit of giving him the chance of a few games against WI?

He is probably the backup if JP Duminy pulls up with injury again. The way I understand it, is that there is scope to change in the next few weeks due to injury. You would want to replace like for like should JP not go to the WC. The other option would have been Harmer as he can bat a bit too. 

Hope Parnell shapes up and isn't too expensive, Ryan was the other option worth considering there

Not after his shocking performance in Aus, I wanted to smash my TV on a number of occasions because of his horrible bowling. 

Wayne Parnell, David Miller and Farhaan Behardien I think are bad choices they never seem to be able to perform when wearing the South Afircan colors lets hope they can prove me wrong.

Not after his shocking performance in Aus, I wanted to smash my TV on a number of occasions because of his horrible bowling. 

Wayne Parnell, David Miller and Farhaan Behardien I think are bad choices they never seem to be able to perform when wearing the South Afircan colors lets hope they can prove me wrong.

Agree with Behardien and Parnell, but Miller has been putting in some decent contributions.

I believe M Van Wyk is also cover for Q de Kock but will only be backup for AB if Quinton does not go.

you've got to realise they are doing things differently this world cup, you can swap out injured players during the tournament with medical certificates. no more rubbish with some squads down to 13/12 fit players by the end of it.

if jpd doesn't recover in time, ontong is the like for like replacement

if qdk doesn't recover during the group stages they can either play AB as keeper and wait, or draft in morne van wyk(who has actually played a world cup)

Here is my 11 if all ar fit:

1. QdK

2. #

3. Rossouw

4. AB

5. Faf

6. Miller

7. JP

8. Vern / Tahir

9. Morne

10. Dale

11. Phangiso 

If QdK is not fit:

1. Rossouw

2. #

3. Behardien

4. AB

5. Faf

6. Miller

7. JP

8. Vern / Tahir

9. Morne

10. Steyn

11. Phangiso 

I cannot find space for Parnell in my first 11. He is neither good enough with bat or ball and half-baked performances on either side does not suite our style of cricket. Should we lose Miller / JP due to injury, we at least have someone who can score a few runs / bowl 5 overs or so. 

Phangiso is my first choice spinner. I like an economical spinner to try and tie up an end in Aus and NZ. In the sub continent I would pick an attacking spinner as well, and possibly include Tahir where the wickets may suite spin. Phangiso also has a handy first class batting average in ODI's so could slot in at 7 / 8 and chip in with a few handy runs as well. 

SO, it's 35 days to the start of the Cricket World Cup. The tournament itself takes FOREVER.

we are in pool B, with india, pakistan, WIndies and that's about it. We really shouldn't be troubled by Zim, Ireland or the UAE.

First Game is against Zim, Sun 15th Feb, round robin ends for us on March 12, against the UAE. We need to come in the top 4 to go through to the Qtrs and then it's 3 wins away from the trophy. (march 18, 24, 29th).

since it takes so bloody long, we have lots to look at. I though why not look at our history at world cups. pretty darn morbid aint it? Starting with....