Cricket......

E1A104

enter Kevin Pietersen? 

England cricket needs a new (or their old) badboy. 

no way. pigs will fly first. In his autobiography* he pretty much slammed the door on any comeback, I really think they are just toying with him if he honestly thinks he is allowed back in.

*he's had about 3 or 4 of them.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no way. pigs will fly first. In his autobiography* he pretty much slammed the door on any comeback, I really think they are just toying with him if he honestly thinks he is allowed back in.

*he's had about 3 or 4 of them.

yes I know, but who else is there? Do you think they'll try and pull another Eoin Morgan from the Irish player pool or try and get a few more imports from the colonies? For one of the "Big 3" they appear to be very thin on talent. 

Lets hope Stuart Broad hangs up his boots now, a more whiny, sniveling brat is yet to be born.  

...and England chose to field first

This WC is fast becoming renowned for 'defending leads to a more likely victory'

yes I know, but who else is there? Do you think they'll try and pull another Eoin Morgan from the Irish player pool or try and get a few more imports from the colonies? For one of the "Big 3" they appear to be very thin on talent. 

Lets hope Stuart Broad hangs up his boots now, a more whiny, sniveling brat is yet to be born.  

Trott could move back in but to be dead honest, I don't care!

They should really have enough players in their domestic system, which has before been drowned out by so many internationals (hence the kolpak case). It would be a pity if they poached more irish guys, as they're doing well playing county cricket I can see the incentive to move over to a test nation instead of getting a bit of limelight every four years. they've already poached Boyd Rankin the fast bowler - Boyd Rankin first came to prominence as part of the Ireland team that progressed to the Super Eight section of the 2007 World Cup. Blessed with great height - Rankin is six feet, seven inches tall - he gained bounce from even the most sluggish of surfaces and claimed 12 wickets in the tournament to help his side to notable victories over Pakistan and Bangladesh. Five years later, he made himself unavailable for Ireland in a bid to play Test cricket with England. The move provoked disquiet in his home country but it appeared to have been justified when he was named in England's Ashes squad to tour Australia in 2013-14, after a series of impressive limited-overs displays for his adoptive country.

Back at the start of January, around the time when England first arrived in Australia, Stuart Broad said what may just be the most prescient thing anyone has uttered since. “We would have to have an absolute stinker,“ he opined, “not to make the quarter finals.” Well he got that one spot on. A stinker might have got them closer, but absolute was what he foresaw and absolute is what they delivered.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/09/england-crash-out-cricket-world-cup-bangladesh

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/3/9/1425903693681/bcbf43ed-30c9-4440-982a-390acc0d7dcb-1020x612.jpeg

The english press is going to roast them.

ultimate quote from the coach at the press conference

Peter Moores: "We thought 275 was chaseable. We'll have to look at the data." Genuine quote! #CWC15

Edited by Shebeen

Haze reckons QdK has got one more chance, otherwise it's AB with the gloves and five bowlers.

Thursday is last chance saloon for Quinton de Kock. Make runs or get dropped. It has reached that stage. Five consecutive non-starts from the youngster have now pushed South Africa into a corner.

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/blogs/mike-haysman/Last_chance_for_De_Kock

no mention of batting him down the order rather where there will be less pressure(assuming there's no collapse), he got a Jaffa on saturday

Rain is forecast for our game at Wellington against UAE.  Will be sad for us if it is called off. Right now it does not look like too much.

Why are we playing so many games in NZ?

Rain is forecast for our game at Wellington against UAE. Will be sad for us if it is called off. Right now it does not look like too much.

Why are we playing so many games in NZ?

The thinking was play more games in NZ, particularly the games involving the associate nations. It must be eerie playing at the MCG with only 2000 spectators. The thing I remember most about the West Indies hosted WC was near empty stadiums.

The thinking was play more games in NZ, particularly the games involving the associate nations. It must be eerie playing at the MCG with only 2000 spectators. The thing I remember most about the West Indies hosted WC was near empty stadiums.

In my opinion that's rubbish. only 3 games at the gabba(one rained out too)? The Windies world cup the ticket prices were too high so there was an almost blanket boycott by the locals.

A world cup generates 90% of its revenue through tv rights. the stadiums must be full, so set the ticket prices accordingly -  even if you give the tickets away. we played pakistan at eden park/aukland rugby stadium - should have been a big game, but was only half full

We have a decent crowd in for this encounter, with the official figure at 22,713.(cap is 41 000)

Where were all the expat saffas? half these new zealand towns they play in are seriously small, we're talking beaufort west. but they do look pretty!

Thing is; Cricket is actually not that big in NZ, hence the smallish venues.  NZ peebs are mostly into Rugby, Sailing and adventure sports.

Thing is; Cricket is actually not that big in NZ, hence the smallish venues.  NZ peebs are mostly into Rugby, Sailing and adventure sports.

...and sheep shagging

yes...I had to say it

In my opinion that's rubbish. only 3 games at the gabba(one rained out too)? The Windies world cup the ticket prices were too high so there was an almost blanket boycott by the locals.

A world cup generates 90% of its revenue through tv rights. the stadiums must be full, so set the ticket prices accordingly -  even if you give the tickets away. we played pakistan at eden park/aukland rugby stadium - should have been a big game, but was only half full

We have a decent crowd in for this encounter, with the official figure at 22,713.(cap is 41 000)

Where were all the expat saffas? half these new zealand towns they play in are seriously small, we're talking beaufort west. but they do look pretty!

That's how the Kiwis and Aussies decided to cut the pie when they did a joint bid. I quite like the smaller venues. Ticket prices are one thing, but appetite is another. The only nation with an insatiable appetite for cricket are the Indians. for the rest its best to spread it around a bit.