Cricket......

E1A104

one interesting thing NZ have done here, they've played with the same XI the entire torunament, except for this game brought in maclennagan for milne - and he got klapped.

any injuries and they're bringing in a fresh guy with wood splinters in his bum(like kyle mills) - could backfire.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could we be playing Bangladesh in the Quarters????

highly unlikely..but hell..NZ are making heavy weather of this

um ja. if bangladesh burgle this one(nothing wicket down - vettori in)

then if australia beat scotland then we play bangladesh.

if australia lose to scotland...they play india, we play sri lanka

the way NZ are going, we might still end up playing bangladesh in the qfinal.

morne morkel is actually our leading wicket taker here, but obviously played more games. Abbott probably played himself out of the starting XI in the west indies home series, but he's really stood in well when required.

The issue of AB not keeping is a tough one. if he can't keep and be captain then he shouldn't be captain. What's the point of having two world class keeper/batsmen if the one won't keep if the other is struggling? If QdK got injured then AB would keep, right? I'm pretty sure that if Ronchi was batting crap then Maccullum would take the gloves.

Apologies i meant to say Abbott has been our leading wicket taker in the first 10 overs

5-55 in the first 10 overs over the games his played.

Personally I think AB is not a great captain maybe he should keep wicket and pass the captaincy over to FAF or #.

ok game over - good try Bangladesh

ja suppose they showed england that it was not just a fluke. interestingly the seamers took all the wickets against the poms, spinners today.

and this wasn't reviewed - would have been plumb but they probably thought inside edge. guptill was on 19..he made 105 in the end. I reckon one review per innings should be upped to two.

Rubel Hossain to Guptill, no run, full delivery which strikes the pads of the batsman as Rubel goes up vociferously for the shout. The umpire is not interested, suggesting there perhaps may have been an inside-edge. Bangladesh not interested to pursue the matter any further though as over is called

ja suppose they showed england that it was not just a fluke. interestingly the seamers took all the wickets against the poms, spinners today.

and this wasn't reviewed - would have been plumb but they probably thought inside edge. guptill was on 19..he made 105 in the end. I reckon one review per innings should be upped to two.

Rubel Hossain to Guptill, no run, full delivery which strikes the pads of the batsman as Rubel goes up vociferously for the shout. The umpire is not interested, suggesting there perhaps may have been an inside-edge. Bangladesh not interested to pursue the matter any further though as over is called

I would prefer the 1 review per side per innings, but if its Umpires call, the review is not deemed to be taken.

Don't underestimate Bangladesh.  England did and so did we in the previous WC.  These Bangladeshis might not be big, but they have big hearts.

Edited by Moridin

I think one thing this wc has shown is that the rules and conditions favouring the batsmen is getting a bit ridiculous. 350 has become the norm and even UAE, Scotland and Afgan are scoring 200 plus. You might as well just have a guy lobbing balls underhanded at the batsmen and se how far he can hit them.

Or am I getting this wrong and the batsmen are just so much better than they used to be?

I think one thing this wc has shown is that the rules and conditions favouring the batsmen is getting a bit ridiculous. 350 has become the norm and even UAE, Scotland and Afgan are scoring 200 plus. You might as well just have a guy lobbing balls underhanded at the batsmen and se how far he can hit them.

Or am I getting this wrong and the batsmen are just so much better than they used to be?

Agree.  The pitches are just so much more batter friendly.  They thought a second new ball would help, but it does not.  Maybe they should look into going to a ball with a more pronounced seam like they used in the early nineties.

Agree.  The pitches are just so much more batter friendly.  They thought a second new ball would help, but it does not.  Maybe they should look into going to a ball with a more pronounced seam like they used in the early nineties.

They also need to restrict bat development. I still have a bat I used in the early 90's and its less than half as thick as today's bats and I am sure that today's bats are wider. 

They also need to restrict bat development. I still have a bat I used in the early 90's and its less than half as thick as today's bats and I am sure that today's bats are wider. 

the pro's (and people in general) are so much stronger today than 20 years ago as well, so they can use those big, heavy bats effectively.