Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in other news, QdK got a century, but ended up in hospital. along with the most of the Sa A team in india. classic.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/a-team-tri-series-2015/content/story/908101.html

check out these notes:

• India A Innings
  • Mandeep Singh fielded as a substitute for South Africa A from 31.2 overs for injured Q de Kock
  • Video analyst of South Africa A (Hendrikus Coertzen) fielded in place of M Shezi

22. overs - this happens

Our man from the ground, Alagappan Muthu, pings me that SA A video analyst Hendrikus Coertzen is on the field, in place of Shezi at the moment.

31 overs

Qdk is down, again.. He hobbles off the field. South Africa A have only ten fit men on the field.

Oh, what do we have here? Mandeep sports a South Africa A jersey and is on the field with a smile on his face. He is wearing Leie's jersey. Believe it or not, India A's Mandeep is on as a substitute for QdK!

Elgar to Agarwal, FOUR, The video analyst Hendrikus Coertzen almost pulls off a stunner. Pitched up and outside off, hoisted over the covers. He hopped, plucked out with his left hand from wide long-off, but he lost his balance when he landed on the turf, popping it over

4:25pm Manish hugs Karun. Eddie Leie Mandeep Singh joins the celebrations. India A open their account and this bonus-point win may turn out to be crucial in the push for the final. On the other side, South Africa A are still winless. To compound South Africa A's woes, they have been hit by illness and cramps, so much so they needed their video analyst Hendrikus Coertzen and India A's Mandeep Singh on the field.

Looks like cricketers have forgotten the art of batting for a long period of time

Sri Lanka 179/8 (48.1 ov) vs India

cricinfo.com has added a nice new feature

Video clips of each wicket has been added to the scorecard

183 all out

Last 10 ovs 57/5 RR 5.70

Is IPL killing Test cricket?

every time india play a test, the first thing i check - are they still playing ishant sharma as their strike pace bowler?!

yup, he's still there. kicking on with his test average of 37

So it looks like AB has reluctantly chosen to wear the gloves for the T20 series only now. it looks like waiting for QdK to play into form during the world cup, and then and then and then didn't just work. they drop him to the A squad and he replies with back to back centuries(in india, nogal).

The story is that AB is worried it stuffs up his back, and while I understand the thinking - he shouldn't then be test keeper surely? But then  what about his new idea of being a pace bowler in ODI's - surely that is lank good for the back too?

the only logical reasoning for me is that being a keeper/captain in odi's just takes too much time. but that's a thin argument.

deciding ODI has kicked off. proteas won toss and batting.

but would you be sayin it to his face, mon?!!!

Probably ja, short ass looking up at a giant :)