E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabada 19* (23)

????????????????????????

Sadly his win the game in the last over heroics doesn't extend to his batting..................................

But then again ain't that what the #, QdK & co are supposed to do? Good to see Rabada try though!

Sadly his win the game in the last over heroics doesn't extend to his batting..................................

But then again ain't that what the #, QdK & co are supposed to do? Good to see Rabada try though!

You can't do more than a * next to your name. Miller and Behardien should have put their hands up today.

You can't do more than a * next to your name. Miller and Behardien should have put their hands up today.

Indeed. I can understand why the selectors persist with Miller. Not too sure about Behardien. RR might have been a better bet. Just wish RR had some form.

Just watched the highlights or lowlights...

We stuffed this one up, threw it away basically. QdK, stop throwing your wicket away!!

No one got something to say about yesterdays game? I think we batted pretty good and bowled very well (adapted well).  Fielding had a few shockers.  Dhoni just could not get the words "well done proteas' out of his mouth and made a lot of excuses.

No one got something to say about yesterdays game? I think we batted pretty good and bowled very well (adapted well). Fielding had a few shockers. Dhoni just could not get the words "well done proteas' out of his mouth and made a lot of excuses.

Was busy with work and then in desperate need of a few zzzzzz's so I missed it. However I see that an experiment with Miller paid off with us getting a decent start and him some runs (33 off 41). Might be something worth persisting with?

In India Yes...cant see him getting on top of a ball that likes to change lanes early on in a innings

In India Yes...cant see him getting on top of a ball that likes to change lanes early on in a innings

I dunno Miller does seem to have a decent leave when in good form. You tend (or at least I did) to judge your on the basis of length and then line. Miller to my mind judges length really well. The real benefit of having Miller at the top though is that if he gets set, he'll score his runs at rapid rate. This will put the opposition on the defensive especially if AB is yet to bat.

With JP Duminy ruled out of the last 2 ODI's it creates a bit of a conundrum for the final 2 ODI's. Morkel is also struggling with an injury, but should be fit.

So who do we play in the injured Duminy's place:

1. Dean Elgar to strengthen our batting. He could be good for an over or 2 as well

2. Chris Morris, to strengthen the bowling, who can hit a long ball or 2 as well? He will also be quite familiar with the playing conditions in Chennai.

3. Phangiso, to give us another spin-option?

Or do we go with a combination of Elgar and either Morris / Phangiso and drop Miller?

With JP Duminy ruled out of the last 2 ODI's it creates a bit of a conundrum for the final 2 ODI's. Morkel is also struggling with an injury, but should be fit.

So who do we play in the injured Duminy's place:

1. Dean Elgar to strengthen our batting. He could be good for an over or 2 as well

2. Chris Morris, to strengthen the bowling, who can hit a long ball or 2 as well? He will also be quite familiar with the playing conditions in Chennai.

3. Phangiso, to give us another spin-option?

Or do we go with a combination of Elgar and either Morris / Phangiso and drop Miller?

My choice...solid player.

My choice...solid player.

I like him too. Lets hope the jet lag is not too bad. Looked in good nick in the domestic ODI's

I like him too. Lets hope the jet lag is not too bad. Looked in good nick in the domestic ODI's

Looked very good, I watched most of that innings. He'll also surprise with a wicket or two hopefully.

Proteas taking a bit of a pasting, Kohli just got to a century. 207/3 with 12 overs to go.

could be looking at 330 here if we don't get some wickets