• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

England looks set to lose the series 2-0

Pakistan 234 & 355

England 306 & 105/6 (48.5 ov)

After the high of the Ashes...

they always struggle in UAE

jislaaikit. all this rugby over and cricket steps into the void from left stage!

Surreal to see KP in a Dolphins kit yesterday hey

as much as i think  know he's a total d005, you can't do anything but sit back and marvel when a genius let's his bat do the talking. 115 off 66, where the dolphins won by a single run. BUT he came in at first drop, had partners (including David miller) fall all around him. 6 overs to go, dolphins are 87/6 pietersen is on 44 of 40. he took 26 of the final 35 balls, and scored 71 runs off them. including 4 sixes in a row in the final over. bliksem.

Great to see us klapping India, BUT they won a good toss here. sounds (if kumble and gavaskar are anything to go by), that this will become a snakepit of a turner. we have picked two frontline spinners (effectively a 4th test debut for tahir), but the back up part time spinner has already taken four in the first 2 sessions. let's not get tooe excited until we bat...and when we bat we will have to get a proper lead, 4th innings going to be a hairy encounter.

102/4

can't help thinking we are a batsman short for this Test

just to show you how unexpected Dean Elgar's four wickets are - take a look at this article on which spinners the Proteas will pick for the match. mention is made of the mix between attack tahir and contain piedt/harmer. duminy as a genuine backup spinner is what keeps the side balanced.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-south-africa-2015-16/content/story/936557.html

no mention of Dean Elgar at all. he actually only got his first wicket because he came to bowl so rabada could change ends.

jussis, why is it so lekker when england get a snotklap?

an injured ben stokes is coming in at #10, 8 down now with 139 to win. Cook has carried his bat, almost two full sessions to play, an unlikely england win more possiible than a draw really.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-england-2015-16/engine/match/902639.html

another stat- so called allrounder Stuart Broad hasn't scored a 50 in his last 45 innings....

Edited by my stuff

Australia 389/2 (88.0 ov) vs NZ, Day 1.

Fair enough.

ja, called the sibling rivalry little tit for tat series.

David warner had the cheek to call brendon mccullum immature. pot kettle?!!

but then he scored 160 so all is cool in the pool. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-new-zealand-2015-16/content/story/936037.html

389/2 is a huge opening day score. just a little pity that it just surpassed one of the all time classics at the Gabba. the 2002 test, where nasser hussain won the toss. he can take it from here

jislaaikit. all this rugby over and cricket steps into the void from left stage!

as much as i think know he's a total d005, you can't do anything but sit back and marvel when a genius let's his bat do the talking. 115 off 66, where the dolphins won by a single run. BUT he came in at first drop, had partners (including David miller) fall all around him. 6 overs to go, dolphins are 87/6 pietersen is on 44 of 40. he took 26 of the final 35 balls, and scored 71 runs off them. including 4 sixes in a row in the final over. bliksem.

Great to see us klapping India, BUT they won a good toss here. sounds (if kumble and gavaskar are anything to go by), that this will become a snakepit of a turner. we have picked two frontline spinners (effectively a 4th test debut for tahir), but the back up part time spinner has already taken four in the first 2 sessions. let's not get tooe excited until we bat...and when we bat we will have to get a proper lead, 4th innings going to be a hairy encounter.

The pitch as far as I can see is a dustbowl. Dry and cracking with variable bounce - on day 1! We are going to have to bat very well. Our top order and in particular the openers are going to have to knuckle down and get big scores to put the pressure on India. Can't seeing this match not having a result.

The pitch as far as I can see is a dustbowl. Dry and cracking with variable bounce - on day 1! We are going to have to bat very well. Our top order and in particular the openers are going to have to knuckle down and get big scores to put the pressure on India. Can't seeing this match not having a result.

all out for 201 - we would have taken that at the toss.

tahir wraps up the tail...he is damn good at that, bunnies really battle with his tricks.

but ja. let's see stiaan and dean last this one out before we start getting excited.

India 201 all out. Elgar and Van Zyl to come out and bat for an hour or so. Very important in the context of the match. Get through it without losing a wicket will really set us up for tomorrow's play.

8.55am Sunil Gavaskar is at the pitch report and whoa! It is so dry and is laden with cracks which Gavaskar "has never seen before"! Wow, that's a rather worn-out look the pitch has even before the match has begun and Gavaskar also said the ball was likely to keep low at times, and ends with, "it's not the best of pitches to bat on."

edit: what's wrong with this commentary??

Righto, time to start the second innings. Ashwin will start for India. He will start round the wicket to Dean Elgar. One slip and one short leg in

Ashwin to Elgar, no run, tossed up on off stump, Elgar defends that solidly to short cover

Edited by my stuff