Cricket......

E1A104

Faf du Plessis found guilty of ball-tampering - but will play third test

Telford Vice | 22 November, 2016 11:01

http://www.timeslive.co.za/incoming/2016/11/19/spfafa.jpg/ALTERNATES/crop_630x400/spFafa.jpg
Faf du Plessis, acting skipper of the Proteas.

Image by: Duif du Toit/Gallo Images/Getty Images

South African cricket captain Faf du Plessis has been cleared to play in the third test between South Africa and Australia in Adelaide on Thursday despite being found guilty of ball-tampering.

Du Plessis was found to have illegally changed the condition of the ball during the second test in Hobart.

He was fined 100% of his match fee and docked three demerit points - one short of what would have earned him a ban for Thursday's game.

The decision was taken by match referee Andy Pycroft after a hearing in Adelaide on Tuesday.

Ok, so the matter is now resolved. Lets get back to the cricket. I'm hoping for a decent batting track in Adelaide.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but I can't help but think this sideshow has taken our team's focus off the cricket. meanwhile the aussies are dead quiet and didn't get involved. Hope I'm wrong, would love for us to drill them 3-0!

yeah but I can't help but think this sideshow has taken our team's focus off the cricket. meanwhile the aussies are dead quiet and didn't get involved. Hope I'm wrong, would love for us to drill them 3-0!

on the one hand, if everyone does it, then it really needs to be patrolled better. a shake up required by all. This is australia after all, who looked the other way when Warne and mark Waugh took money from bookies and we threw Hansie under the bus for doing exactly the same thing.

then again, it's worked on taking the focus off the worst baggy green performance in donkey's years..let's hope this campaign backfires and we blow them out the water.

incidentally, not surprised Faf got a fine. Down under you can get fined by the cops for driving offences...on FACEBOOK! http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/cricket-greats-fined-after-seatbelt-slip-up-20161122

last time we had a test series, mitch johnson blew us out the water in the 1st test.

2nd test and steyn had one of his finest spells to level it all.

then lapdog warner threw in the sour grapes, and got fined for baseless accusations.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-australia-2013-14/content/story/722643.html

guess what happened next, they got the ball to reverse early on in the decider. pumped ryan harris so full of drugs he ended up a cripple but won the series (just).

Moosajee then took at dig at Warner by adding: "Hardly anyone takes anything David Warner says seriously anyway."

Yes.

Charged. Guilty. Penalised.

Moving along...

Go Proteas.

3-0

Keep your eyes on the prize ????????

Edited by 'Dale

best cricket article i've read in donkeys years (and that is not a small sample set)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/nov/22/du-plessis-lollygate-and-the-airport-scuffle-needless-faff-over-a-trivial-issue

In the end, so what? Players are only allowed to treat the ball with natural substances, so sweat and spit get the tick. (So would earwax, snot, belly-button gunk, tooth decay, and a range of other excreta, but you’d have to do all the bowling yourself and no one would field for you.)
Marcus Trescothick freely admitted to passing his cordon time in the 2005 Ashes giving the ball a patina with refreshing pastilles of the Murray variety. Almost nobody, including ICC representatives, seemed to care. Trescothick got an MBE for his spitty prowess, and while that wasn’t the first ever story about a queen and a slipper, it did mean he founded a new Royal mint.
Edited by lets make MTB gr8 again

Steve Smith loses the toss yet again

Shamzi debuts for SA

Leg spinner for the Proteas - how awesome

28/1

Elgar out

Looking at these two bat, Amla looks like he has all the time in the world to play his shots whereas Cook seems to be rushed every ball.

161/6

Faf with a massive contribution at 62

Hope he's not applying any Stimorol to his batting grip