Got your wish

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN kg and abbot

A fantastic innings from Faf du Plessis has set up a fascinating first-day declaration from South Africa. Australia will have a nervy 12-over period before stumps under lights.

Starc to du Plessis, FOUR, superb shot. Quite full outside off, Faf lofts his drive and smashes it past mid-off for four and immediately trots off. South Africa have declared

great 100 by Faf. Is it just me, or is he being a little selfish here at the end? He's taking singles early in the over, leaving Shamzi to fend off the quicks. Even though it sounds like he's batting like a fish out of water. Why is Faf not protecting him by staying on strike? Is it because he wants to end not out so his Avg improves? Why not hit a couple of boundaries, you know Shamzi isn't going to last long

not quite..he's going for shots, just not coming off and taking the runs.

going to be a really nervy aussie lineup now. would have been nice to have 18/20 overs and not just the 12

Declaration makes his tactics even more puzzling. If you as the captain want a bowl and you know you're going to declare in an over or 2, why not flippen go for your shots and hit it!? Score a quick 20 or 30 runs extra. I'm telling you, Faf was being selfish here

not quite..he's going for shots, just not coming off and taking the runs.

going to be a really nervy aussie lineup now. would have been nice to have 18/20 overs and not just the 12

I'm not watching, just following on cricinfo. Taking singles from the first ball of the over just doesn't sit right with me

Declaration makes his tactics even more puzzling. If you as the captain want a bowl and you know you're going to declare in an over or 2, why not flippen go for your shots and hit it!? Score a quick 20 or 30 runs extra. I'm telling you, Faf was being selfish here

Its must be why he declared as well, to be "not out" that is...

I'm not watching, just following on cricinfo. Taking singles from the first ball of the over just doesn't sit right with me

If you read the commentary on cricinfo he did go for shots. He just did not get a boundry as you wanted

yoooh thats a attacking move by faf (something they should show the boks)

im liking the all whites under the lights, brings a bit more excitement!  :w00t:

#proteafire

yoooh thats a attacking move by faf (something they should show the boks)

im liking the all whites under the lights, brings a bit more excitement!  :w00t:

#proteafire

It's so cool hey

This day-night Test business

If you read the commentary on cricinfo he did go for shots. He just did not get a boundry as you wanted

Starc to du Plessis, 1 run, overpitched on off, hit to a deep mid-off and takes the single again.

74.1 Hazlewood to du Plessis, 1 run, good length on off, tapped to point for a run. Faf happy to take the single and trust Shamsi

73.2Starc to du Plessis, 1 run, angling in towards the body, Faf shuffles across and glides the ball towards fine leg, is there time for two? nope, just one, which means Shamsi is on strike

Declaration came at the end of over 75. So in the previous 3 overs Faf hit, tapped and glided the ball for singles early on. Shamzi faced the rest of those overs. 

So, I read that Faf was booed as he came in to bat

And then scores an unbeaten century under tough conditions

Wow

So, I read that Faf was booed as he came in to bat

And then scores an unbeaten century under tough conditions

Wow

Flippen well done to him! I think he's one of those guys who performs when the pressure is on. Also I like the way he declared and bowled at them before stumps. For too long our cricket has been over conservative. Only criticism I have at the moment is the weird decision to let Shamzi face the last 3 overs, instead of going for quick runs. Other than that, job well done Faf!