Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours of fantastic!

(Especially for proteas on the rankings table.)

The bangladeshis have now beaten Sri Lanka, England and Australia in the past year. Before that they had only ever beaten zim and windies. Before this series they said "we're going for 2-0", Steve Smith was like"that's a bit confident, dontcha reckon? - 9 test victories out of 100 and they want to win 2-0?"

• 3 weeks later...

JP Duminy has called time on his test career. One has to feel that his was a potential that was never really fully realized. Definitely better white ball cricketer in any event.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

An hour into the first test against Bangladesh and although they haven't taken a wicket it's even stevens with us at 61/0 after nearly 17 overs. Markram looks solid and in good touch while Elgar looks more fluent than ever before. Their partnership also seems to be on the right track. So, so far so good. Let's hope it continues.

SA 99/0 at lunch. I'd say that definitely gives us the session. I'd like to see that continue. Poor choice by Rahim to field rather than bat. He has handed us the opportunity to get a very good score while the surface is decent. Bit of a brain fart and one I hope that won't end up spoiling the contest.

Edited by Mntboy

171/0 and not even a single extra. Don't recall seeing that before

When your openers are medium pacers, and your spinners have good control then the wides, noballs and byes are pretty easy to keep down!

didn't realise Shakib al hasan has been given a break for this tour. he was their best bowler and scored runs too against Aus.

That's like us losing Kallis, probably worse!

normally a leg bye or two at least [emoji38]

Yeah usually but in this instance I completely agree with Rider #35! And Elgar has been clipping of his hip all day so far. Loving the synergy between him and Markram.

didn't realise Shakib al hasan has been given a break for this tour. he was their best bowler and scored runs too against Aus.

That's like us losing Kallis, probably worse!

Not just this tour, a 6 month break iirc.

Mehidy Hasan Miraz to Elgar, OUT, No hundred on Test debut for Markram (at least in the first innings). A horrible mix-up between the wickets. Elgar sinks to his knees. Markram is distraught. Mehidy pumps his fist and the Bangladesh fans celebrate in the stands. Tossed up just a shade outside off, Elgar opens the face and dabs it to the left of backward point. He takes a few paces down the pitch. Markram responds, and is nearly halfway down the pitch before turning back to undo his steps. Mominul swoops down on the ball and throws it to Mehidy who whips the bails off. The debutant is caught well short. Anticlimactic end to a solid, solid innings

AK Markram run out 97 (152b 13x4 0x6) SR: 63.81

highest score to be run out on debut

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;debut_or_last=1;dismissal=4;filter=advanced;orderby=batted_score;team=3;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

Edited by rider#35