Thule vs. Holdfast - Any huge difference between the two?

leaboy

I Need to buy a bike carrier, the one that attaches to the back of a hatchback.

I've had a look at the Thule and the Holdfast.

It seems the Thule is the Rolls Royce of bike carriers.

Whats the most popular/best one to buy?

Regards

Edited by leaboy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also in the market for one, I think that there is person on The Hub that was selling them at good prices.

Also make sure you bike insurer is ok with the carrier, I am with Santam and they gave me a thumbs up on the thule.

Don't discount the new Bosal 2 bike. It folds up into a storage bag and the quality is very good. A mate of mine is very happy with his.

Don't discount the new Bosal 2 bike. It folds up into a storage bag and the quality is very good. A mate of mine is very happy with his.

Any idea what he paid? There website says nothing.

Thule is fantastic - I had a holdfast rack and after scratching my frame once too often I got a Thule and it is without doubt one of the best cycling "extras" I have ever had.

As an added bonus Thule are also very good at supporting cycling with sponsorships and lucky draws, so I think it is good to support the guys who support cycling.

Any idea what he paid? There website says nothing.

Check out the video.

I think he paid about R2800 in Pretoria somewhere.

Support from Thule is also great - I have a number of their products and have always had good service - both pre and post sales. By the way I also have a holdfast, but the Thule is softer on my bike

Thule is by far the best bike rack - Thule offer many different option and configerations from the enter level 2 bike rack up to the top of the range 4 bike carrier. They are slight more expensive than holdfast but the extra few SA rants is well worth it.