Brakes: XTR or XX

Newboy

I need to replace the very old XT brakes on my bike. They really gave me great service from the night I put them on my bike after stage 1 of Sani2C. They have been carried over through 2 bikes. One of the pistons gets stuck and do not want to retract fully despite two competent mechanics trying to sort it out.. I got great service from them but it is time to upgrade.

Question now is: XTR or XX? Any opinions or advice?

There were some previous discussions, you can go search for them, but the censensus was that XTR are the ones to have :thumbup:

I'd go for the new xt with the ice tech rotors. Only a little bit heavier than xtr, but cheaper too. If money isnt a problem, go for the xtr.

Search the web a bit for reviews and opinions. I've seen a lot of raves over XTR, while not everybody is happy with XX.

R

1321085460[/url]' post='1529909']

I'd go for the new xt with the ice tech rotors. Only a little bit heavier than xtr, but cheaper too. If money isnt a problem, go for the xtr.

What he said...

My XX brakes started giving endless problems and needed to have the caliper internals replaced after only 18 months. best options would seem to be either XT (better adjustment range than XTR), Formula R1 (expensive), Hope or Ashima (which I've just had installed).

Thanks guys. XTR seems to be the thing. Saw the new ones this weekend and must admit I was surprised how good they look. I know with Shimano parts will never be a problem so I am going to stick with them.

+1