Who will win  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Winning team

• Anderson Transport
    • Brother Sports
    • Cape Town Market/ Nobile energy
    • DaikinGu
    • RSA Web

haha my tongue is still firmly in my cheek...

in all seriousness we want to finish all 12 riders together (so praying no mechanicals/accidents) and sub-7 would be a bonus, especially as 2 of our riders have a wedding to attend in paarl saturday evening!!

ooooo-Gits... hoping that neither of the wedding attendees is the groom.... shame don't wnat numb....uhmmm you know for the wedding night..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget Prieska Spar team starting at 6h18!!!

They never gonna catch us :)

We are 1 min behind you, off at 6:19.

Slowest teams go off first - to make sure nobody gets heat stroke. Fast teams start at the back and have to overtake everybody.

Not this year. To avoid the total chaos in Montegu, the top seeded teams start at 6 onwards (along with a slower team). It looks like the fast teams might be separated by 2 or 3 minutes, but it's hard to tell which teams are the top seeded teams from the start list.

Start list is here

Not this year. To avoid the total chaos in Montegu, the top seeded teams start at 6 onwards (along with a slower team). It looks like the fast teams might be separated by 2 or 3 minutes, but it's hard to tell which teams are the top seeded teams from the start list.

Start list is here

Thanks, startlist does seem a bit random in places. Good to be going off earlier anyways.

Top three from last year starting in the middle in reverse time (e.g. Daikin 1st last year, starting last of the top 15/20). Before AT you'll get the rest of the top 15 or 20 teams down to 06:00 I think, but thereafter it's the normal starting order with best team (after top 15/20) starting last.

Daikin GU Elites 136 06:22

Cape Town Market/Noble Energy 130 06:19

Anderson Transport/Star South 124 06:16

which team is the (ex) colonel riding for ?

was one of the teams not accused of cheating for bringing down some riders from JHB ?

Thanks, startlist does seem a bit random in places. Good to be going off earlier anyways.

holy crapola, you're telling me! we're heading off 3rd last - bummer

Top three from last year starting in the middle in reverse time (e.g. Daikin 1st last year, starting last of the top 15/20). Before AT you'll get the rest of the top 15 or 20 teams down to 06:00 I think, but thereafter it's the normal starting order with best team (after top 15/20) starting last.

Daikin GU Elites 136 06:22

Cape Town Market/Noble Energy 130 06:19

Anderson Transport/Star South 124 06:16

Dis wat ek nie verstaan nie.

Ons is 6.15 en ons ry net om klaar te maak.

was one of the teams not accused of cheating for bringing down some riders from JHB ?

Anderson

They were disqualified last year for feeding in the wrong zone, and then the rumour mill began. If you check the results, you'll see they were reinstated.

And why is bringing riders down from JHB cheating? I have two guys from the UK in my team...

Dis wat ek nie verstaan nie.

Ons is 6.15 en ons ry net om klaar te maak.

I think it is a safety thing - when we got to Montegu it was chaos. Teams weren't keeping left, and often we would have to pass on the right, and fight for space with backup cars. I think they are just trying to get the faster guys out onto the road as quick as possible with fewer teams that they have to pass.

Edited by Velouria

we are cheating again this year in that case