94.7 Female Winner???

Gunzo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because i was seeing red, but i cant recall riding over a timing mat about halfway along the route as previous years.

Come to think of it, I didnt see one either, or at least I cant recall it, although to be honest I wasn't paying attention.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

And that is exactly why SA cycling does not improve! The licensed ladies usually do all races and tours mixed in the Vets groups..... Its not the strongest lady that wins but the smartest.... Old,old,old problem......

then we should have been full time professionals by now :-(

I should have been more specific, ride 2h40m as a woman, and you're sure to get noticed, as is the case here.

Not really ;)

There are very few spots available on Elite teams!

There aren't many elite females around in SA, and the general feeling is the more the merrier. It's always the same names winning the races.

As I said before, I am only playing devils advocate. I am by no means saying that the time and the rider are not legit.

There aren't many elite females around in SA, and the general feeling is the more the merrier. It's always the same names winning the races.

As I said before, I am only playing devils advocate. I am by no means saying that the time and the rider are not legit.

Same names... Ash, Jo, Lise (winning when the others were overseas)...

These are fairly new names winning most races lately

And that is exactly why SA cycling does not improve! The licensed ladies usually do all races and tours mixed in the Vets groups..... Its not the strongest lady that wins but the smartest.... Old,old,old problem......

Where have you been <_< ??

6 SA ladies will be racing 6 months overseas next year!

Check how much Ash and Jo have improved!

The Elite ladies had their OWN start group.

I agree that they need to race VA's or VB's and not VC's if they race with the vets. And there should NOT be seperate prize money, they need to compete against them!

Use these local funrides to prepare for overseas racing.

Wasnt # group tandems? so she piggy backed the male rider for a good result, but shows as individual for this report.

Riding out of HH or D you can wheelsuck any fast male, but since there are HH no results ahead of her he either pulled off, or the result is wrong.

Gents…I’m baffled by this !!

Lets say Joe is a extreme good cyclist and not interested in riding as a elite/pro or whatever cyclist….maybe his got a day job does pays him well.

And on the day he starts in say the “D” group and ride the living grap out of his group and also do the quickest overall time for the day.

Surely he should be declared the overall winner for the day ???.....or doesn’t it work like this ???

Pay your dues, start in the racing batches.... In the 50km MTB event the ladies race was won by a lady from A2, however she did cross the line first of all the ladies

Couple of things -

Amoryns is a lady rider.

An early post said that there were two ladies on single bikes in HH going very strongly.

On the tandem theory - if she was riding a tandem it could have been that she was wearing a chip; but her partner not.

Quite a few possibilities

Lets say Joe is a extreme good cyclist and not interested in riding as a elite/pro or whatever cyclist….maybe his got a day job does pays him well.

And on the day he starts in say the “D” group and ride the living grap out of his group and also do the quickest overall time for the day.

Surely he should be declared the overall winner for the day ???.....or doesn’t it work like this ???

It doesn't and the reason is simple - its a race not a time trial! So the only race he can win is the D group race - regardless of time.

Lets say Joe is a extreme good cyclist pushing it a bit but ok if you say so, thanks[/b].......................

No, its not a time trial so there's all kind of assistance from whatever groups you find.

There's only one male bunch and one female bunch riding for the race win. If you're not good enough to get in that bunch you're not in the race even if your overall time is faster. Point is, if you were put in that bunch, you wouldnt have won.

Edited by Joe Low

Pay your dues, start in the racing batches.... In the 50km MTB event the ladies race was won by a lady from A2, however she did cross the line first of all the ladies

I actually thought that seemed a little dodgy as well... i know she is a fair mountain biker - but she also beat the other ladies by some margin and placed about 15th overall ro something....?

Tactics and racing.

D group is like riding a 97km team time-trial where there are at least 10-20 other people who have the same goal as you (getting a good time), can achieve that goal at the same time as you, get a definite benefit from working with you and so are willing to work with you.

In a racing group, there will be 5 people with the same goal as you (getting a team win), there will be another 10-20 people with a similar goal, but the only way they can achieve their goal is to ensure you fail at yours. There is no direct benefit to group cooperation and a whole lot of benefit to doing the utmost to rip the legs off your opponent.

I'm baffled by this comment :D

You clearly didn't bother to read my earlier comments... apples vs pears

However you are correct that Jo still has a full time job which pays pretty well.

Next year will be her first year as a "LAZY" full time pro <_<