Greg Minnaar's answer to the 29er/26 debate

N0madADV

Bike vs rider? :blink: .... Mind there have plenty moments when I've been certain my steed has been working against me <_<

I remember many times that I stopped to check the rear brake as I could swear it was rubbing against the rim and holding me back.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or a KTM..

Why you not doing Roof this year?

When I ride the roof again, I want to give it a good go. I normally get back to SA towards the end of Oct which gives me a month to train for it.... if I could get 6 weeks to train for it, im there. Probably go up and watch thurs and fri

When I ride the roof again, I want to give it a good go. I normally get back to SA towards the end of Oct which gives me a month to train for it.... if I could get 6 weeks to train for it, im there. Probably go up and watch thurs and fri

Should be heaps of fun, especially if there's been lots of rain.

Where you guys gonna stay?

You guys are nuts wahaha

I had a killer time with Bikeparksa out in Karkloof, to be honest I haven't really ridden out there and its maybe 20 min from my place. We rode a trail that is up there with the best in the World, I wish I had taken my TRC. I thought it would be fun to test out a cross bike since I had never been off road on one.... it was rough, but a load of fun

I hope its because of the crap weather that you guys are on forums rather then the trails, and not because 29ers aren't that much fun.... JK

Ciao

P.S Get on a TRC, they are life changing

:) Priceless, a post from the legend himself! Love his joke there as well. You guys take this stuff too seriously. Especially the xc boys and girls. The lengths you all go to shave off a gram to make up a second or two makes me smile. The amount of times we see riders with poor technique floundering down a technical sections. You'd not need that carbon bike at all if you just took the time to become better and faster where it counts. Anyone can ride a jeeptrack. The time you'd gain from mastering the hard stuff will give you far more edge.

For me there is no fun to be had on a 29er. The bike loses that jumpy, flicky feeling that I love. Sure, if I rode long Karoo jeeptracks I'd take the 29er without a doubt, but my mates and I don't care for that at all. Just go ride your bike who cares. If guys want to buy a second or third bike thats cool. It stimulates the whole industry. Nobody's forcing you to ride one. It's apples vs oranges really. Greg just rode the bike he had on the day, and had a blast.

if you have the money to buy a bike buy it. why must it be proven to be better or not. I like a 26er because it looks sexy.a 29er looks stupid

Hey GM just change the last number in your handle to a 9. That will settle it. We know you want to...

• 2 weeks later...